Watch a driver ignore other stalled cars and dive right into a flooded road

“They should build a bridge under the bridge”

6 Likes

One time I started watching a documentary on the Donner party. I thought, “This is really good, I should call up my friend Dave and tell him to watch it.” Then I remembered that he was the DM for my D&D group. “No, that would be bad, it would give him ideas.”

3 Likes

I hadn’t either, till I saw this Jenny Nicholson video describing it as “the worst reality show of all time” :

3 Likes

MY GAWD! I’m so glad I never heard of this show. My brain is hurting just from watching the clips and hearing it described.

2 Likes

I remember some study like that. The problem is, the people doing the survey didn’t define what “good driver” meant. So to me that means not getting myself or anyone else into accidents. To others it means driving really fast through traffic. Each of us might answer that we’re “better” drivers than most, but we’d mean totally different things.

4 Likes

George Carlin had a bit about that, how everyone who drives at all slower than him is an idiot but anyone who drives faster is a maniac, and that everybody else had the same decision tree.

1 Like

Because it depends on the amount of rain accumulated?

1 Like

It’s a reference to this fan favorite:

3 Likes

That’s… kinda subtle.

2 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

Turn around, don’t drown.

Also, “a hundred bucks…no, two hundred” was such classic Kevin Nealon in the Bad Idea jeans commercial.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.