Watch: A fast moving train smashes right into a car on the tracks, yet the driver is ok!

2 Likes

EDIT: I am so confused about this now. In DavidVincent’s video below from what appears to be a bike rider, you can clearly see the stripes. I thought possibly that station camera has infrared that is whiting out the yellow stripes, but it is capturing the yellow on the signs. Anyone have knowledge or a theory on how and why the original video has erased the street marks?

Old:
In street view captured in March 2019, it appears that there was paint dividing the way across the tracks that in the video has been removed and is awaiting a repaint.

bluelinecrash

So, there could be a claim by the driver of confusion on that front. However, there is also a stop sign. The driver went far beyond what is tolerated in L.A. as a “California Rolling Stop,” especially in ignoring the other car which had the right-of-way.

I noticed the street view car looks a whole lot like the one in the video.

3 Likes

Way more impressive…
In France 2 days ago,
Train running at 270 Km/h. (170 mph)
348 passengers on board.
Mudslide on the tracks.
Train driver in intensive care, but medical staff is confident on recovery.
He managed to slam on the emergency brakes and bring the train to a halt. The derailment was the first involving a commercially operated TGV train with passengers on board.
The train manage to stay inline.

Video from inside the train here (in French)

4 Likes

And these red light blinking?

1 Like

As the train is zooming by the pole structure for the barrier gate can be seen shaking violently, probably from getting the car slammed into it sideways (the whole thing has vanished when the train passes). That driver is lucky they didn’t get that gate arm pressed right in their ear.

Another angle with the damage car on video.

3 Likes

The upholstery does not look stained either.

So it didn’t get dragged it was just pushed out of frame in the original video. Makes more sense that the driver survived now.

Excellent point!

Road wear.

Not even a hint of yellow is seen in the street in the BoingBoing story video, but you can see the lines in this video taken just after the crash.

Fair point. Heat mirage?

What’s also weird is that in the second video, when the cameraperson is looking south, at 0:55, you can see the double yellow, but later, at 1:11, when they’re looking north, same as the viewpoint of the fixed security cam, the lines are gone. I wonder if the stripes are just north of the crown in the middle of the road, making them nearly invisible from the south side of the intersection, because they’re hidden by the crown. In any case, the Beemer saw the stripes, and the gates, and the lights.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.