Watch a goat check out a wall, then quickly scale it, parkour-style

Originally published at: Watch a goat check out a wall, then quickly scale it, parkour-style | Boing Boing

14 Likes

More proof that we need a goat-based superhero franchise!

29 Likes

I once had a cat that did that same move on a smooth plaster wall when confronted with a DOG in its living room for the first time. Traction is proportional to concern over one’s life times inherent agility.

20 Likes

Words to live by…

13 Likes

i like how it sort of glances back and all but gives a physical shrug at the end.

10 Likes
4 Likes

Those 4 additional courses of cinderblocks accomplished little

4 Likes

10 Likes

Greatest of all time.

10 Likes

I wonder what an EEG would look like with such a series of rapid fire decisions. That was amazing.

3 Likes

Do your morning stretches, I ain’t kidding…

1 Like

it’s not totally clear to me if senses like proprioception have to reach the brain or not for decision making. id imagine at least some of it - like traction and pressure feedback - is probably literal muscle memory

random fun fact that i do know: the word “cybernetic” was first coined for the concept of both high level and low level feedback used to make decisions like this ( and walking, and opening doors, and of course steering boats down the khyber river: khyber naut ) - william gibson took it from there to cyberspace some thirty years later

4 Likes

I see what you did there.

1 Like

We had a cat whose ability to reinterpret physics was fair astonishing. She once jumped “into” the bathtub, mistakenly assuming it was empty. She saw the water, somehow performed an aerial 180° turn, touched the water with only One Back Toe, and leaped away. When we caught up to her, only that toe and the very tip of her tail (which was also V much involved in all that split-nanosecond crazy steering) were wet!

6 Likes

God, I love goats. They’re like cool sheep.

6 Likes

Goats = sheep with attitude.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Given my agility is zero, let’s see, multiply by, plus, divide…
yup, that’s what I thought

3 Likes

Goat__500x500__compressed-15

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.