Goat keeps escaping pen, so confused human sets up a camera and sees this (video)

Originally published at: Goat keeps escaping pen, so confused human sets up a camera and sees this (video) | Boing Boing

14 Likes

my grandaddy used to say, “if a fence’ll hold water, it’ll hold a goat.”
he really said that about our goats. he was a wise old man.

33 Likes

For your bbs viewing convenience:

24 Likes

Now I know how that damn goat got out every time.

12 Likes

After she jumped off the roof and ran off camera for a minute, I swear she said “Fuck you”

17 Likes

I don’t recall the origin, but there’s an old line " Horse high, bull strong, hog tight – and still, the goat gets out"

20 Likes

If this had been me, I would not have posted video evidence of being outsmarted by a goat.

13 Likes

Blerp!

31 Likes

Billy McQueen in - The Great Escape

13 Likes

He must not know goats very well to think that would have held them. It basically looks like it was designed as a goat exercise facility.

26 Likes

you laugh, but goats are damn smart and, well… goat-headed. they will “get yer goat” in the end and make you the “butt” of their capricious barnyard kidding!

21 Likes

Goat GIF by Bad Pug

imagine Stayin’ Alive playing as you watch this gif

24 Likes

I’ve taken to spending a lot of my breaks at work watching the goats outside the office. They love the stairs and so far haven’t escaped, but I look forward to that day.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m confused by the video because I can’t figure out why anyone was baffled as to how the goat was escaping, much less thought it was ever secure. There must be something that’s not obvious from that angle or something… because who keeps goats without knowing they’re kind of famous for climbing things - trees, buildings, walls…

18 Likes

We had a farm with goats. The barn they sheltered in had a second floor area with no ramp or such to get up, they just had to jump up three or four feet. Not a problem for them.

13 Likes

Kinda obligatory:

13 Likes

@IronEdithKidd is that you??

17 Likes

This is like level one for a goat escaping. This goat is going to go all the way past 11.

4 Likes

Not one bit of concern for “how will I get back home”!!

4 Likes

and the original is probably, like, Pali…

1 Like