Watch: A hungry little mouse chomps on veal shank in a Whole Foods deli display

Originally published at: Watch: A hungry little mouse chomps on veal shank in a Whole Foods deli display | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Yawn. Get back to me when it’s an organic, non-GMO mouse.

21 Likes

Major health code violation that would require a total shut down of the facility. Don’t ask how I know that…

25 Likes

Everything Amazon buys turns to shit.

11 Likes

WF missed an opportunity.

Veal-fed Mouse. $25.00Oz.

36 Likes

At least it’s free range…

16 Likes

Me and my significant other were discussing the mouse thing yesterday. I think even if you deep cleaned whatever the mouse or rat got into some of the customers may never return. Would you trust to get any meat from that case in the future? What if they replaced the case entirely? I was wondering what reasonable steps a business would need to take to win back their customers.

5 Likes

Woulda been worse if it was half a mouse.

18 Likes

Just clean the effing thing. Cleaning works. The advertising industry has scared the pants off people about germs, and really should be chastised for it.

21 Likes

I used to live somewhere that had cobras in the garden, so a mouse in the cold case? Not a huge deal.

4 Likes

Food Safety and Sanitation Certification, Chicago 2008 here. A very eye-opening course.

My advice? Stay away from Gino’s East (historically, pretty bad).

10 Likes

I’m also in the “clean the case” camp :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I think the issue is more about sanitation than species…

13 Likes

Obligs:

ratatouille GIF by Disney Pixar

21 Likes

Feces …

18 Likes

I got some horror stories out and about in San Diego, anything less than an [health dept.] A rating in the window, hard pass on it. Don’t take chances with your stomach, lower GI, and possibly other organs.

14 Likes

If you can identify the species from the feces it’s already too late.

16 Likes

Roger Shat!

18 Likes

Ewww. . . it was eating veal???

Disgusting.

6 Likes

Apparently my joke has failed. :crying_cat_face:

(I really did live with cobras, though.)

9 Likes