Watch: A hungry little mouse chomps on veal shank in a Whole Foods deli display

G.I. Joe adversaries or sinister teenage karate practitioners?

6 Likes

Merely common or garden variety cobras, naja naja as the scientific blokes like to call them. I was going to call them pedestrian in comparison with your fine examples, but being that they don’t have feet…

5 Likes

Folk singer John McCutcheon claims that his Scottish grandfather, upon finding a fly in his whiskey, picked it out, shook it over the glass, and shouted “spit it out, ya bastard!”

7 Likes

Fewmets.
Mice are not among the noble beasts of venery so I don’t know if they have their own specific term.

2 Likes

Our cat jumped on the table, and our friend said “Hey! There’s a cat’s ass in my face!”
My SO immediately said, “Quiet! Everyone will want one!”

4 Likes

Even the mice are washed and blow-dried.

2 Likes

There is still the problem of why there is a mouse in there in the first place. Urban house mice are not particularly territorial because there is enough food around for everyone, so there where is one there are likely to be more. Cleaning is just one of the steps that needs to be taken here.

1 Like

I think even if you deep cleaned whatever the mouse or rat got into the mouse or rat will return.

1 Like

A big sign on the display case saying: NOW MOUSE FREE!
or
ZERO DAYS SINCE A MOUSE INCIDENT!!!
or
THIS DISPLAY IS SQUEAKY CLEAN!!!

3 Likes

Somehow, I’m not surprised. I’ve never been to a Whole Foods where there weren’t suspicious smells coming from the meat and fish cases.

Two of my children worked in grocery up until recently… there are mice. So many mice. One of my kids worked at a deli counter and her opening up for the day duties included emptying the numerous mouse traps.

On a related note, a. I always wash the outside of cans - pesticide residues, and also b. now my daughter works at a diner and I will probably never eat at a diner again. Sometimes ignorance is it’s own reward.

Well, that pretty much goes without saying. My response was to the idea that customers would be unwilling to buy from that cooler ever again, because it had somehow become permanently tainted by mouseness.

"Would you-- would you care for a rat?"

Fawlty Towers S02E06 “Basil the Rat”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.