Watch a manhole cover get turned into a skateboard

Originally published at: Watch a manhole cover get turned into a skateboard | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Do a kick flip!

Tony Hawk Wow GIF by X Games

2 Likes

Ah, so not the cast iron manhole covers that I’m familiar with. I was confused at first because those things weigh more than I do.

6 Likes

This sounds like something the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would do, but…

Nope, they used it as a shield.

4 Likes

Came here to say pretty much this. Never seen a plastic (fiberglass and resin?) manhole cover before, which made this quite a bit less impressive. Still fun though!

3 Likes

Riding a disk of iron weighing 150-200+ pounds would make the wipeouts of skateboarders much more lethal.

4 Likes

I was thinking Okay, so what uncovered manhole did some hapless person subsequently fall through? But clearly it was not the same cover as pictured at the beginning of the video. And at the YouTube page it says

I bought the manhole cover by myself, the opening is just a joke

Okay, then! Good job!

As an ending to the video, it would have been cool to have the manhole-cover skateboard find its original (though just pretending, as we now know) manhole, and settle back on to it.

2 Likes

Wait…polymer manhole covers? Is that some sort of regional thing; or something that pops up in new installs?

If you size your inevitable peg legs correctly you can slot it into the drainage holes in the manhole cover for stability. Risky; but in a synergistic way.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.