Watch a plane gracefully land on a crowded highway, then keep up with traffic

It’s Quebec, signalling lane changes is for freaks and losers.

2 Likes

“Can we get serious?”

:airplane:

2 Likes

The distance between camera and subject probably makes the vehicles and plane seem more bunched up than they really are, especially the car that winds up right behind the plane. The perspective also makes it hard to figure out just when the drivers would have even noticed the plane descending behind and then above them.

3 Likes

You’re obviously not from around here - there’s no requirement for signaling a lane change in Quebec. /s

4 Likes

My mistake; Cessna does have some low wing planes, but the smaller ones are all high wing.

4 Likes

I’m guessing he was planning on landing at Meig’s Field only to find Mayor Daley had dug ditches across the runway?

/joke /sort of

2 Likes

Well, they make small low wing planes as well. Lets just say they are well known for their high wing cabin planes.

man, they even crash-land their planes on highways politely in Canada!

10 Likes

You know, aviation has a perfect safety record.

They haven’t left one up there yet.

5 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (2)

4 Likes

Man, some people just can’t help tailgating, even when it’s a freaking plane that just landed.

5 Likes

video sez Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee Cruiser

1 Like

Very interesting, same thing happened in my city today as well… https://www.wlwt.com/article/plane-makes-emergency-landing-crashes-on-interstate-75/32172446

yep.

at the link there is another video you can hear the honking

Ah! That’s the Quebec I remember!

3 Likes

In Canada, it was The Gimli Glider. Not a highway, but a decommissioned airport with a Formula Atlantic race in progress https://youtu.be/UM7p7CYBPfg

4 Likes

Yeah, the plane was trailing smoke during his approach, it was clear he had some sort of engine issue.
Class landing under what must have been a very stressful event, this should be shown to all student pilots as an exemplary example of grace under pressure!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.