Watch a real exorcism through a church keyhole

Best exorcism ever. Whole segment is great (one of the best) but skip to 6:40 for the actual exorcism

Yep. And for things to work, the acting (and scenarios) must be very tightly controlled and in such a way to hide the plot twists. That’s why (to me) the acting can sometimes seem a bit odd and stiff sometimes in Night’s films.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the case with Split. The “twist” at the end didn’t really throw anything upside down because it wasn’t really connected to the rest of the movie. That’s why I think it was so damaging - it ripped us out of the movie with no payoff.

Though it looks like it’d be easier to just use the pop-top…

5 Likes

I haven’t seen Split (yet?).

Is it still worth watching in spite of the ending?

Nor me, but apparently there is at least one:

1 Like

It’s a very good movie. If you are a fan of his other movies, the ending might make you go whoa.

Around the same time I saw Hidden Figures, Fences, and I am not your Negro. If I rank those movies, the order is:

1. Hidden Figures
  2. Fences
  3. Split
  4. I am not your Negro

Me putting it at #3 rather than #4 is more about the way I watch movies than the quality of the two pictures.

That was deeply unpleasant.

Wow!.. I mean… can we get this in Amurica?

2 Likes

Can’t say that I’ve ever seen it, but supposedly it was approved for sale in 2012. They added a reusable silicone lid for after you open it, as if that’d ever be needed… :wink:

2 Likes

Okay. I’ll definitely try out Split. (I was on the fence on that one.) But if it doesn’t work out, oh man! better watch out mister man with cigarette name!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.