Watch a shirtless Danny Elfman perform the most hardcore Simpsons theme at Coachella

Originally published at: Watch a shirtless Danny Elfman perform the most hardcore Simpsons theme at Coachella | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Been dodging Coachella “news” for days now and it just keeps coming. It’s like a zombie plague.

1 Like

Longtime Simpsons animator/director/producer David Silverman is no slouch either. Here he is playing a flaming tuba at Burning Man. I wonder if they’ve ever performed together?

4 Likes

The best part about this is how much Danny Elfman actually looks like a character from a Tim Burton film.

9 Likes

The over flow of Chella revelers hit the Joshua Tree area like tidal wave of BoHonistas gone terribly wrong. We know better than to go amongst them.

3 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI8hh-0CcCo

4 Likes

He (Silverman) also performs locally here in LA with Vaude and the Villains - a completely amazing show if you ever get a chance to see them. Dude is an inspiration, a great example of how to become wildly successful without losing your soul.

Danny just connecting with his OB roots. Sweet!

1 Like

i’ve met him at the burn! he’s a super, super nice guy.

wish i could say the same about Mr. Elfman, but… i’ve never met him. : )
he’s 68?? shit, he looks amazing.

3 Likes

I saw this article linked on FB first and I laughed for several minutes over this comment -

14 Likes

I came here to say that I hope I look this good at 68.

3 Likes

I remember an interview where he explained that he started getting inked later in life and it was a process of self-discovery. They all have strong meanings to him.

I wish I look and feel this amazing at 68

1 Like

This was not anything I would really call “hardcore”. I was expecting, I dunno, some distortion? Some thrashing? Having a whole orchestra up on the stage is impressive, sure, but I feel like any performance described as “hardcore” should have at least a 75% chance of a mosh pit happening to it, and this… was not mosh-inducing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.