Watch a very strange video of Suzanne Vega performing "Tom's Diner" in the metaverse

Originally published at: Watch a very strange video of Suzanne Vega performing "Tom's Diner" in the metaverse | Boing Boing

2 Likes

So futuristic. And the audience is even socially distanced! :flushed:

9 Likes

I was there. Had my laptop fired up in the kitchen while I was baking bread. Cool to see it again.

9 Likes

Stop trying to make metaverse happen. It’s not going to happen.

15 Likes

I like this song, so I’m a hard pass.

4 Likes

If you skip ahead to 3 mins or so, she does a lovely live version of it. But yeah, the visuals are entirely underwhelming.

3 Likes

I like the orange person who blasts off from the stage behind Suzanne at ~2:15

1 Like

First link is broken. It should be New World Notes blog post.

She is doing a European tour this year-Tickets are still available for most of the shows.

The metaverse seems like the perfect place for Grum to appear.

2 Likes

For anyone who needs a pallette cleanser:

Fun Facts!

The song was initially sung a cappella, and it was the later remix by DNA that became huge.

Fun Facts!

4 Likes

?

Are there commenters here who don’t know that?

1 Like

I just found out. So, there was at least one.

3 Likes

This is the first time I listened to this song while feeling distracted by pixelated eyeballs. My son adds, this doesn’t feel like a serious concert, like someone singing in their bedroom.

I knew cuz I had a cd of that album. (there’s an instrumental version on there too at the end if I recall correctly). But I never heard the a capella version before getting that CD. The remix was definitely the one I heard played on the radio when I was a kid.

2 Likes

You’re right. This is nothing compared to the Hypermetaomniverse I’m coming out with next year. It’s based on the blockchain, making it the first truly authenticatable reality because every virtual atom will have its own NFT! It will be awwwsome!

4 Likes

… or the punchline to an endless joke

That looked like something you’d see lovingly posted on a parent’s refrigerator.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.