Watch a woman struggle for two minutes straight trying to open her marble-sealed Ramune drink

Originally published at: Watch a woman struggle for two minutes straight trying to open her marble-sealed Ramune drink | Boing Boing

5 Likes

She’s trying to do 2 things at once…can’t vlog AND open a soda! She needs to really use her thumbs, with a bit of elbow for good measure. Using one finger is almost like using your pinky…and that won’t work out well!

3 Likes

These sodas were the entire reason my daughter wanted to go to the SF Tea Garden as a really young kid.

7 Likes

The series of 3-2-1 countdowns cracked me up.

5 Likes

“Listen to the ASMR”

3 Likes

I’ve had one those before, and it did take me a minute, but I figure it out. They have a pretty big selection at the 888 Market.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I was in the middle of looking for music to use on a project while I watched this, and the Edgar Froese music I was checking out went really well with it, so I hit screen record.

(Here’s the project I used the Froese music on: https://vimeo.com/714671396)

6 Likes

hard is hard enough

1 Like

Soda requiring this much effort to open is healthiest, as the calories required to open it match or exceed the calories contained. It’s like celery.

8 Likes

Opening them is no problem. But getting the marble out with household tools without breaking the glass is basically impossible. That plastic they use to hold it in is so flexible. It just deforms rather than breaking or shearing.

1 Like

One is supposed to separate and invert the puncher piece from the plastic collar, right? Surprised nobody’s mentioned this yet.

4 Likes

My favorite part was switching right back to presenter mode like nothing ever happened as soon as the marble dropped…and yet, everything about her delivery at that point says “this was not worth it”

2 Likes

I’m amazed she managed it w/o breaking a fingernail. amazed3

5 Likes

I used to extract them for use in the kid’s marble run. That was a while ago, and materials change, but I think I used a knife blade at the base to pop the plastic bitt off the top.

2 Likes

Stamina: check.
Mindfulness:: no check.

In this video, execution is better but she didn’t capture the complete unwrapping of the packaging…and accidents can still happen.

I’m sure there have been injuries before. Well, probably most of the injuries are from those trying to break the bottle to get the marble.

Now I want to see how they recycle these bottles in Japan. Here’s a popular video from the US on the subject of glass recycling - or rather, glass pulverization - but is there an even more interesting Japanese version out there?

2 Likes

Fun Fact: Ramune is a simplified form of an old transliteration of “lemonade.”

3 Likes

I’ve tried that but all it does is deform the plastic while still staying firmly on.

1 Like

Please stop encouraging stupid, attention-hungry people. This will only make her post more fake drama in the hope of getting famous for nothing.
That only worked with the Kardashian family.