Watch an Australian news anchor lose it when his co-host obliviously makes a double-entendre with the word "couch"

Originally published at: Watch an Australian news anchor lose it when his co-host obliviously makes a double-entendre with the word "couch" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

“Save the cooch” at the end and you can hear the people behind the camera lose it.

6 Likes

Here I thought the New Zealanders were the ones with humorous vowel weirdness. I guess it’s both.

5 Likes

So, does this mean you should bag the trimmings or let them lay where they are?

2 Likes

Always reminds me of Rose and her shed on Taskmaster. And if you haven’t seen Taskmaster…oh man, you have a lovely 11 seasons to wander through.

6 Likes

Where does coach get shifted to?

1 Like

“Try to keep the dog off it.” Words of wisdom right there.

4 Likes

There’s a Couch Street in Portland, and it’s pronounced Aussie-style. Confuses the heck out of visitors.

2 Likes

As an Australian I have NEVER heard it pronounced “couch” or even spelt that way. Cooch grass is always cooch grass and pronounced the way it is spelt.
As a slang term for something else, that appears to be a specifically American thing. Some Aussies might have heard it before but it certainly isn’t common.

3 Likes

Ah, that’s not a New Zealand accent, that’s not a New Zealand numberplate on the car, and there are no squirrels in NZ. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve often (but not always) heard it pronounced “cooch” in the UK too.

2 Likes

Bizarrely, the person responsible for that (fake) ad now appears to be Head of Comedy at YouTube.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.