Watch an eggscellent supercut of great egg scenes in movies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/18/watch-an-eggscellent-supercut-of-great-egg-scenes-in-movies.html

2 Likes

scared ridley scott GIF by foxhorror

19 Likes

Glad to see al the ones I could think of were included:

• Napoleon Dynamite (really you could have kept that entire scene)
  • Cool Hand Luke (I can eat 50 eggs)
  • Tanpopo (the erotic food couple doesn’t really have much to do with the actual plot of the film, but memorable nonetheless)
7 Likes

In space, no one can hear you scramble…

9 Likes

Not a movie, but…

10 Likes

So close.

But without Chow Yun Fat’s amazing breakfast from Tiger on Beat, no cigar.

ETA - Here’s the whole scene!

I love how it’s a secret recipe handed down from every cinematic badass. If you didn’t know, this movie ends in a climatic chainsaw duel!

4 Likes

Did it have the exploding eggs from Ghostbusters?

I’m not going to Twitter to find out.

4 Likes

Yes, but not the exploding part.

4 Likes

They did. And the hot-bellybutton scene from Hot Shots, which is what I wanted to know.

8 Likes

IMG_8774

15 Likes

Tampopo. The film celebrates the director’s love of food and his thoughts on how it ties into our basic drive for survival, something which also must include the sex drive; that love of food hangs over the shorter “episodes” and the “main” plot regarding the noodle shop and its owner’s search for the perfect noodle recipe. Almost everyone in the film displayed some risk-taking and/or some dire context was attached to food (just two examples: dying mother’s effort to cook family meal; hobo breaking into restaurant kitchen to make an omelet). The gangster/girlfriend egg scene covers the sex drive where other scenes did not. (And the gangster, before dying, tells a story about a treasured food memory of his.) Anyway, that’s what I believe. :yum: :hamburger: :ramen:

6 Likes

Missed my favorite scene involving eggs, but to be fair, it doesn’t really fit with the overall vibe.

7 Likes

Perfect way to end the film. I appreciated that he used a fork (and not a whisk) to scramble the eggs. Less frothy for a firmer (and more concentrated flavor) omelet which lets it sit better on a slice of plain Italian bread; that’s the way we were taught to eat it when we were kids.

3 Likes

Welp, now I know what I’m going to have for dinner.

2 Likes
2 Likes

“One, two, three, CRACK! New egg.” Sabrina, 1954

5 Likes

… try tuna salad maybe

your mind didn’t immediately jump to the v for vendetta scene?

i’m not upset, just… concerned

I love the gangster’s reaction to his girlfriend suggest soy sauce as an accompaniment to the yam sausages. :roll_eyes:

How do make a compilation of egg scenes in film and not include Cool Hand Luke?