Watch an eggscellent supercut of great egg scenes in movies

Came here for this. Can‘t be „the best egg scenes“ without that. I also think the scene in Road Trip about the french toast would count here :grinning:

Completely missing: anime, even though they show eggs pretty often, because they are a staple of Japanese diet. Not just in specialized series like Gudetama (where the protagonist is literally an egg) or Delicious Dungeon.

To me this looks more like a supercut of several scenes involving eggs.

I noticed He avoided “In the Realm of Senses”.

1 Like

And for the “non-appetizing/non-film category” we have:

It was there, briefly.

Breakfast cooking in Howl’s Moving Castle was included.

2 Likes

You’re right. I missed it the first watch. It’s at 0:55.

Tampopo

タンポポ, whatever. I don’t really care about the official English spelling not using the standard Hepburn Romanization.

But yeah, the film itself isn’t a standard film in terms of plot, structure, etc. It’s more like a series of loosely connected shorts, more akin to Kentucky Fried Movie or Amazon Women on the Moon, but here the theme is entirely about food, and the humor a very different style.

2 Likes

You are right. The Hepburn Romanization is just plain wrong. An “m” sound in Japanese must be followed by a vowel, and the rounding of the “n” sound when followed by a “b,” “p,” or “m” sound is really case by case, as seen in words like 按摩, which is definely “anma” and not “amma.” I refuse to spell “Shinbashi” as “Shimbashi.” That spelling doesn’t help foreigners read or pronounce anything.

2 Likes

Would have been one hell ova supercut with Airplane!

Oqrcqxd

6 Likes

You mean, the single best animated breakfast scene in all of cinema? I’m glad it was in there, too.

Ever since I saw J. Kenji Lopez-Alt use chopsticks to scramble eggs, I’ve been doing it that way. Just enough agitation. He also taught me to salt my scrambled eggs a few minutes before cooking. Man, I love eggs.

2 Likes

Made shakshuka, it was good, although my wife thinks I make it too spicy. Went well with leftover cornbread.

1 Like

That’s how we do it**, having switched from using a large spatula to gently push the scrambled eggs towards the center of the pan starting from the 12-6-3-9 o’clock positions, letting the remaining runny egg fill the areas cleared by the spatula, then doing a flip when ‘safe’. The chopsticks method gives great control and helps keeps the eggs from browning… something that mars the taste of the final product. The eggs matter too. We only use x-large pasture-raised eggs; deep orange yolks if you choose the right source, ours being Vital Farms. Tight, unadorned, scrambled eggs taste great.

** scrambled in a bowl, but using chopsticks to quickly stir-cook the eggs in the pan.

I cook 'em like Ozzy.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.