Watch an orca drag a boat around by its anchor chain

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/07/watch-an-orca-drag-a-boat-arou.html

4 Likes

Marine mammal version of “Get off my lawn”?

11 Likes

“Mrs DeVos? You know that incident with your runaway yacht? We may have a lead on a possible suspect …”

12 Likes

It was a toy.

19 Likes

3 Likes

Orca to human: “Fetch!”

4 Likes

Watch an Orca boat being dragged around

giphy

9 Likes

I was going to make a joke about an orca pulling a chain, but I won’t . . .

Where’s Richard Harris when you need him?

2 Likes

Just trying to shake lose some snacks.

1 Like

Second video is not an orca. Cool video. The story of this whale is even more interesting; it left its pod and stayed in the harbour for weeks. People got concerned. In a “scientific” first they lured it out to sea with a recording of his best buddy in his pod. But then just left him there without actually connecting them.

3 Likes

They’re gonna need a bigger boat.

3 Likes

Or maybe the Yrr are here at last and it has begun.

Sucks. I would bet insurance is not going to pay out on that.

“Whale attack (adjusts glasses) doesn’t appear to be covered. (Stamps claim as Denied)”

1 Like

Someone parked in his space, that’s all.

No one got hurt so I laughed a lot at the orca video. Thank you!

Couldn’t tell if the whale in the second video was stuck in the anchor line (that’s what the folks talking in the b/g thought, anyway), or goofing around.

And while we’re on the subject of unsettling whale behavior, what about spyhopping? Gah:

Good old human hubris, eh? Unless there’s a danger to the orca, or likely damage to boats, shouldn’t we let the orca decide where it wants to be?

Not related, except geographically. I was near Comox just a couple of days ago and the forest fires around there are pretty bad. Haze everywhere. I may even need to pull my kids out of summer camp early.

On the plus side, the sunsets are beautiful.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.