Idiot attempts to "body slam" endangered killer whale (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/23/idiot-attempts-to-body-slam-endangered-killer-whale-video.html

11 Likes

Can anyone blame the orcas for slamming into and sinking our boats? I was really hoping to see that whale take a big ol’ bite of the fat, drunk dude.

18 Likes

Heck, even the orca playfully grabbing the guy and taking him for a little underwater jaunt, as they sometimes do…

9 Likes

Hey, what’s that big fish called?

Killer Whale? Cool, I’m going to give it the people’s elbow. See you in the next life.

7 Likes

That’s some Darwin-award-worthy behavior right there.

7 Likes

I sure don’t blame Orcas just for being wildlife, nor do I own a boat.

Ram away.

12 Likes

American tourist: “Watch me do something really stupid.”

New Zealand tourist: “Hold my beer!”

(FYI, I’m American and truly ashamed by things American tourists do.)

7 Likes

“Did you get that? Did you get me doing the crime?”

I hope the orca found it half way amusing. Though I assume if it didn’t it could just bite the guy in half if it wanted to.

8 Likes

I haven’t cheered so hard for the animal since I viewed “Grizzly Man”.

6 Likes

Most idiots like that (including this one) are powerboaters, though, while the orcas only sink sailboats.

5 Likes

We really are getting dumber as a species - or again it’s just being reported more. I just can’t fathom why people go up to wild animals that could clearly kill them if the animal so desired. It’s one thing to approach a bunny rabbit, but to go after a KILLER whale??

5 Likes

so far!

3 Likes

“Idiot.” It takes a lot to rate lower than a “gentleman”, apparently.

3 Likes

New Zealand man did a pretty good impersonation of Florida Man.

2 Likes

Orca:

200w

3 Likes

Afaik all the serious damage was done to GfK boats with skeg rudders. As you know, that is not a feature powerboats have. I doubt an orca could sink a boat of reasonable size if it didn’t break the rudder well through the leverage of a long thin rudder.

3 Likes

Orca are immensely powerful animals, and this really could have ended horribly – with either the startled whale being injured, or the man responsible being harmed by the aggravated animal."

But only one of those outcomes is horrible.

7 Likes

The misuse of “aggravated” is also horrible.

It means among other things annoyed or irritated; for instance Merriam-Webster gives the first definition as angry or displeased, especially because of small problems or annoyances. You don’t think that might apply to the orca?

2 Likes

Bro.
What