Watch anchor's great response after viewer tells her to "dress like a normal woman"

Very true. We’re talking about lonely people, frequently shut-ins, for whom the people on “da telebision” are their only friends. I’d have pitied them except they were often vicious and mean (which probably explains why they don’t have real friends).

9 Likes

eeh…I think she kinda did say that.

3 Likes

I was ready to be annoyed at dignifying a troll who can’t spell by addressing it on-air, but honestly this is just awesome.

8 Likes

I also appreciated her bold stand on moiré-pants!

3 Likes

If it were MY universe, when this lady shaved her head in solidarity with her daughter it’d totally rock to have her coworkers do the same. I’d do that. Hell yeah. Cancer sucks.

Actually if it were MYy universe i’m not sure I’d let cancer happen anyway, but…

/hypothetical

8 Likes

Those pants caused moiré on my computer screen. But that is not a fault of the pants, it is a fault with my computer screen. You should get a matching jacket.

Wearing jeans and cargo pants at the same time seems uncomfortable

30 Likes

Are you asking someone to summarize for you? It’s two and half minutes long. But it starts with

and the overall message, as you can probably guess, is: Wow, this is stupid. It is also a thing. So, hey, where whatever you like, and don’t listen to the Jeffrey’s of the world.

3 Likes

Not that my opinion matters, but her attire looks completely normal to me.

Hey Jeffery, sorry your life isn’t going so well and you feel you need to piss on others to feel better. Mind your own business, as my mom would tell me.

6 Likes

To clarify, let’s say she shaved it just to make a fashion statement. Or to remove all ambiguity, let’s say she wanted to get a face tattoo and wear a curly green clown wig.

My point is “wear whatever you want as long as you’re comfortable” should be taken with a grain of salt. She might be able to get away with a small nose ring, but a lip ring would never make it on air.

This is true, and her employer knows that the turd who was dissatisfied with her pants is in a small but vocal minority. Otherwise they never would have let her make her response the way she did.

1 Like

I worked IT for 10 years or so. At my last job, for the State, I found out they supplied uniforms for free for the guys - docker-type pants and polo shirts or button-down pinstripes. I demanded to get a uniform, and was told they only provided men’s uniforms; they expected the women would want to wear nicer clothes.

[Insert open-mouth gif or emoji here.]

Free clothes? And they’ll pick them up & wash them for me once a week? But I have to wear slightly different pants and the shirts button up a different way? Sign me up!
That was the best thing about that job.

26 Likes

At my work field personnel wear uniforms and men & women get the same thing. Denim long sleeved shirt and denim pants, i don’t know if the fit for the ladies is different (probably) but i had never thought about it too hard. Seems weird that the State didn’t do that for your old job for both sexes but its interesting to learn about it.

4 Likes

One or the other but not both! - your wife

7 Likes

You’re saying she’s not only judged for her clothing by a stupid viewer, but that her employer probably has some stupid double standard judgments ready to go if she ever stepped out of line in a theoretical way.

All that observation about your hypothetical scenarios means is that she would still right in her central point: People have certain double standards about how women dress.

8 Likes

17 Likes

Here’s a question I don’t know if anyone’s asking, but why does a news program or for that matter a TV station have or need a Facebook page, a comment section, etc. I don’t see anything to be gained from it, and people like this are constantly looking to spew their bleakness on everyone.

I used to read the ESPN site a lot, and they’ve removed the entire comment section. The LA Times pretty much did the same thing, they said they will have comments on selected articles but I have yet to see one.

Again, I think the bigger issue here is the Internet. We tried it for everybody. It doesn’t work. Let’s take a step back so these dumb moments are lessened significantly

4 Likes

Were they free? Or was the cost deducted from ones paycheck?

You have to cut a head-hole in the cargo pants crotch and wear it like a shirt. Then you have pockets galore!

Jeez, just replace the “and” with an “or” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

8 Likes

That’s one way to make Aladdin even more 90’s

10 Likes