Watch anchor's great response after viewer tells her to "dress like a normal woman"

Her response in the segment above is wonderful

“go fuck yourself”?

seriously, thats the only answer people like this viewer should get these days.

6 Likes

I want a pair. Pair? Set? I’m uncertain how to refer to these (this?)

OMG you really looked uncomfortably (sic) tonight

I think what this guy is saying is that he has personal problems that he wants to project onto you. He’s not comfortable with himself and unconciously thinks everybody is like him.

Of all of the ladies outfits that are uncomfortable, slacks are not in the list. It’s not like she was wearing a spiked corset and stilettos.

2 Likes

Jeffery is jealous because he don’t look good in high-waisted pants.

5 Likes

Can’t touch this.

12 Likes
1 Like
11 Likes

Emphasis added.

Kidding in your case, but engagement is a thing. I looked at BoingBoing every week or so, until I started commenting.

4 Likes

Her male co-workers were shocked, she said, but this kind of incident is not new for women who work on TV.

19 Likes

My wife is a clergyperson at a very progressive house of worship, and experiences much the same thing. There are a handful of congregants (mostly female, but some male, almost all of them significantly older than her) who regularly come up to her after services to offer both positive and negative criticism of her clothes and sometimes hair.

Most (probably not all) of them intend it as helpful advice like one would give to a close friend or a child. And the relationship between clergy and congregant isn’t purely one-way like the relationship between a TV news presenter and a viewer. But she still finds it unsettling. It may actually be her least favorite part of her job.

And I’ll bet it almost never happened to any of her male predecessors.

17 Likes

She certainly wears high waisted pants as well as Steve Urkel, and in more colors …

Personally, that’s not a look I appreciate all that much… but that’s totally on me, not on her!

4 Likes

Sometimes, the medium is still the message. (Hi-fives Marshall McLuhan!)

1 Like

If you read this you will die. My peepaw wears his pants like that. His belly button lint is your OG.

Free, or, rather, the union had negotiated it a decade before, so it was the cost of union dues.

4 Likes

All the ups! Eloquent to say the least!

2 Likes

Can’t she put the whammy on them? I mean, she’s God’s representative and all that…
I hope she figures out a way to redirect them that works for her. Comments like that totally distract from one’s job.

I remember when we got free scrubs at work. Then, when I was an attending, I bought my own scrubs and wore them-- lots of my coworkers did as well. People liked having fun patterns (this was a children’s hospital, so lots of cartoon characters) and more comfortable fit. Then admin decided we couldn’t do that anymore because our washers couldn’t get hot enough to be “safe”. I pointed out that my washer (like many others) had a sanitary cycle that had temps just like they specified. They got our scrubs though the next year, claiming that they wanted consistency of color so patients knew who was who. Like OR wears one color and floors another and so on. No one ever knew what color was for what, there was no info given to patients, and most of the surgeons kept wearing their scrubs from other hospitals anyway.
Then they came for our scrub caps, claiming that we couldn’t wear our own caps because they weren’t “sterile”. Needless to say that this wasn’t popular at all-- it was the last bastion of individuality and whimsy (again, children’s hospital).
Why? I can’t imagine it made anything safer. Perhaps they got a kickback from a local scrub provider. But I wouldn’t discount the idea that they just wanted to control what we wore because they were assholes like that.

7 Likes