Watch anchor's great response after viewer tells her to "dress like a normal woman"

I think it works when properly moderated. The problem is how to pay for the moderators.

5 Likes

I’m more upset by the moiré pattern her pants generated vs the actual style itself.

2 Likes

I was about to write the same.
Working on TV and choosing small pattern clothing is the only mistake she is making.

1 Like

She didn’t choose solid green. That used to be the biggest mistake you could make.

7 Likes

Ah, all women need in the face of sexist bigotry is thicker skin. Good to know, good to know.

15 Likes

I love Lars Larson’s backhanded support. He’s saying he still has to wear a suit and tie every day and that women are the biggest cause of this issue.

He’s a piece of shit and it makes me happy that he misspelled “comb.”

2 Likes

Every TV personality gets buckets of hate mail and online criticism.

In this case, Jeff isn’t shamed. He’s obviously obsessed with this woman and he got validation that she is paying attention to him.

I think she decided to bring it up because this happens to millions of women on a daily basis who do not have a platform like she does. Perhaps she felt she could use this as a teachable moment and bring greater awareness to the issue.

Telling women to just ignore these issues, and not be so “thinned-skinned” is just a recipe for it continuing on and on and on. Fuck that.

23 Likes

There is a bigger problem than Jeff and it won’t just go away on it’s own if we all we do is ignore it.

18 Likes

That Lars Larson note had a disturbing little typo - “As long as you come your hair…”

Excuse me, sir???

1 Like

Lesson learned. Physical appearances and/or wardrobe should have absolutely nothing to do with TV news.

Why should physical appearance have anything to do with nearly any career?

12 Likes

Could the doctors at least wear neckties?

1 Like

Nope. This isn’t one trollish viewer. This is thousands of men, every day; putting down the appearance of millions of women, every day. This segment was a fucking PSA.

13 Likes

I remember NPR removing the comments section on their articles. They said something to the effect of having studied their analytics. Turns out it was almost all the same thousand people arguing with each other on all their stories. They didn’t feel providing these folk a space to yell past each other was a good use of their resources.

5 Likes

Edit: I see I was beaten to the punch by a fellow pedant.

Wearing jeans with cargo pants (I’m assuming jeans under cargos, because otherwise how are you gonna get at those sweet sweet pockets?) sounds exceptionally uncomfortable to me…

2 Likes

You wear velcro stripper jeans that you can rip off. Over the cargo pants on a really hot day.

Then when someone says “Man it’s hot out today” you say “I agree” then rip your pants off to expose the underlying shorts.

2 Likes

Just don’t forget the shorts one day…

7 Likes

If this is an important issue surely it deserves more than a …and finally… segment before the ads?

Presenting both sides of the “debate”, I use quotations because it should not be necessary to have it, asking why Jeffrey or stand-in talking head feel the need or legitimacy to make criticisms like that.

Jeffery can go fuck himself with a rusty crowbar, sideways.

10 Likes