Watch: As Sean Spicer, Melissa McCarthy drives a podium through New York traffic

'63 – SNL during the formative years.

3 Likes

Right on!

2 Likes

My dad, who’d was a huge college football fan, half-seriously said Jerry scrimmaged a few times without a helmet.

3 Likes

My old man – a horrible racist – knew Ford at UoM. He never forgave him for threatening to no-show at a game in Georgia because that school demanded that UoM’s black player stay at home. (The guy, whose name escapes me right now, was Ford’s road game roomie and general good bud. Ford bucked his coach and the admin, but finally gave in and played 'cuz his friend asked him to.)

I think you gotta be nuts to start with, playing center.

4 Likes

Bon appetit!! And don’t forget the…

3 Likes

I remember Jerry terHorst. For one thing, his name always looks like a weird typo. The other thing is that, after being Ford’s press secretary for about a month, he resigned in protest over Ford’s unconditional pardon of Nixon.

1 Like

4 Likes

I’ll remember Scott McClellan, somewhat for trying to apologize for W., but mainly for being the son of Austin’s Democratic/Republican/Independent mayor Carol Keeton McClellan Stayhorn Rylander (McGillicuddy?; that’s probably wrong, but then I not sure what the order is either). Carol, who simply could not manage to stay with one husband or one party was infamous for eventually saddling Austin with the South Texas Nuclear Project, a huge boondoggle in the making that we had already repeatedly been voted down. Also how we became familiar with the total ass-fuckery of Kellog, Brown, Root/Haliburton. Oh yes, we remember McClellan all too well.

1 Like

He was also a model, in his younger days.

1 Like

Around his old stomping grounds in West Michigan, they say he once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

1 Like

Reno is on the other side of Michigan. :wink:

1 Like

Here’s the skit:

4 Likes

Exactly – they don’t talk about it in Reno ‘cuz that where he does his shootin’!

And yes, I used the present tense – he’s still alive! Late at night, in his old College Ave. neighborhood, he stalks hipsters and scares them back to Eastown. In the parking ramps along the Medical Mile, gate attendants report hearing “…our long national nightmare…” over the traffic noise whenever a Trump bumper-stickered car enters. Area parks believe he is responsible for vandalising camping sites by urinating into unoccupied tents while shouting, “Tell that s.o.b. Johnson that I’m chewing gum and farting RIGHT NOW!” It’s scary, I’m telling ya.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.