Watch: Bagel Karen is back, this time at a rally where she admits she has Covid

And human misbehavior as well. Welcome to BoingBoing!

5 Likes

yeah. considering I know several people who are sick right now with (probably omicron) covid who are double vaxxed, this unfortunately isnt just about idiots like her. Especially in a place like NYC where people often find it hard to avoid crowds in public transportation. Fortunately the vaccinated people that I know who are sick seem to have mild symptoms and are decent enough to be self isolating to protect others. Unlike the woman in the article.

8 Likes

My best friend caught the plague, and so did her elderly parents. She and her father recovered; last we heard, her mother had it and was not doing well. None are vaxxed, and I had no idea they were anti-vaxx. It’s shocking and heartbreaking. jaw tophat-cry

ETA: I heard from her today, and she says her mother recovered much more quickly than she! Phew!

10 Likes

Oh God, this is the evergreenest of evergreens.

7 Likes

My guess is she’s referring to her doctor who is probably a fellow anti-masker/anti-vaxxer who would have prescribed Ivermectin.

9 Likes

Sadly, there are plenty of us who have seen enough assholery to have been able to predict this. Doesn’t make it any better, but yes, assholery was very much a pre-existing condition which has just been made more apparent. If anything good comes out of this, it’s that they have very openly self-identified. I guess that’s better? And welcome to BB!

9 Likes

things-that-make-you-go-bluh-ron-white

6 Likes

Gods, to be unvaccinated, sick and refuse to wear a mask when omicron is floating around, in a place like New York, means very large numbers of people around her simply can’t protect themselves. Everyone else being vaccinated and wearing masks just isn’t enough. If I lived somewhere with a high population density and I had to go out and rely on public transportation, I’d be extra angry at people like this woman, whose behavior amounts to assaults on the public at large. Stupidity becomes no excuse.

6 Likes

At this point, I’d call it evil. Stupid and evil frequently form partnerships.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.