Watch: Baked Alaska of Capitol riot notoriety, out on bail, is now a hostile bully to store employees

Going for a Trumpitis defense, maybe?

It must take a special kind of dick to be proud to document your own dickishness.

2 Likes

Not that I condone violence, but how many of us were kind of daydreaming that Eric busted out a can of whup-ass (and by whup-ass, I mean pepper spray) on this asshole?
I mean, if you need to use the restroom, just subtly go in, by a thing, and use the restroom. It’s not hard. But that was never the point. Asshole.

9 Likes

No, we know how that turned out in the Capitol building.

8 Likes

Eww. Yea. “Not all insurrectionists.” /s
But seriously, this was obviously a stunt. In most of the videos I’ve seen, it’s women and/or POC staffing the register, and they get a lot more grief from the “stunt” person. Good on Eric for basically telling this guy to fuck off. Ugh.

7 Likes

This pretty much proves my theory that people who read the nametags of customer service workers are the worst.
Dude behind the counter deserves a whole bunch of high-fives for following up “I don’t give a shit about Jack in the Box” with “Bathrooms are for customers only”.

9 Likes

He could well be headed to Federal prison. I’d really like to see him try that kind of attitude and language in the prison yard.

4 Likes

Eh, in my experience it breaks out pretty much 50/50. Half of the people who do this are kind and trying to humanize. “I see you,” type thing.
The other half are manipulative and trying to dehumanize.
Pretty much like the population in general, from a customer service point of view. Half act like shitty assholes (for whatever reason), the other half are good people going about their day. (And really it’s more like 80/20, we just remember the shitty 20 more at the end of the day.)

11 Likes

There’s a non-zero probabilty that this guy is the Capitol Shitter (or one of).

Unless they found a corner not covered by the security cams, I really hope the feds name and shame that person. That’s a label that’ll stick, and be hard to glorify.

7 Likes

Oh, I know it’s more of a “me” thing than anything. I’m a very private person, so complete strangers casually knowing something personal about me (no matter how slight) would always rub me the way, even with positive intentions.
You’re definitely right about only remembering the deliberately shitty interactions, and even then I think 20% is too high.

3 Likes

Right? I thought of 90/10. It’s probably more like 98/2 in the grand scheme. Most people are good, in the world. In their interactions. It sucks that the bad ones stay in our memory so much. If I ever see you at a shop I’ll never call you “capnjimbo,” :wink: I’ll be vague and polite and impersonal.

6 Likes

One day, he’s going to pick on the wrong food chain, and find that he’s at the bottom of it.

8 Likes

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I’m starting to re-think my position on hard labor sentences. I’m thinking a good month or so of swinging a pick axe into some hard rock might do assholes like this a little good…or at least give them some fucking perspective so they grow the fuck up and quick acting like the entire world is their fucking frat house.

2 Likes

This guy is giving baked Alaska a bad name.

2 Likes

The authorities should be able to resolve the question with a DNA test

3 Likes

Only if he got a 14 year-old pregnant. I hear that’s the thing, these days.

1 Like

Yeah, anyone who’s seen the British spy drama ‘Spooks’ knows what can happen with a deep fat fryer, and it ain’t pretty. It shocked the hell out of me when I saw it.

1 Like

We always work off the idea that maybe 5% of people you can’t please. Any more than that and something’s wrong, either you or the system you are working.

3 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

3 Likes

Super tough guy making his impact on the world by bullying a minimum wage worker. scary pussycat.

3 Likes