Watch Bill Nye read mean Tweets about himself

I’m trying to, but all the bones are getting in the way.

2 Likes

So algorithm doesn’t come from Arabic after all. Hu Nu?

3 Likes

Seems likely that environments could be engineered so that either drying top down or bottom up could be produced. But I don’t suppose anyone is ever going to gasp in amazement if a magician contrives the less expected.

2 Likes

I think that would have been even better if he’d trolled back a bit harder in response, but I guess I can’t have everything I want in life.

Hint. The section you start on is the section that dries first.
(I’ve painted a lot of walls).

7 Likes

Came to post that.
A pity they bleeped out Bill Nye. So many lost samples.

The Boltzmann Brains would never allow it.

1 Like

You can go through the earlier StarTalk radio podcasts and find uncensored Nye. He’s a lot saltier than Tyson (shocking, I know.)

Tyson may be a gentleman and a scholar, and I love the guy, but I have to say I identify more with Nye because he gets angry and sweary, and because he’s willing to say he’s an atheist without apologizing.

4 Likes

A relevant video

1 Like

You know how people are always saying “sounds like a great indie band name” about things like this?
Well, “Cartwheels for Voodoo” sounds like a great name for the second album by one of those bands.

4 Likes

Argh! Damn you, Bill Nye, now I want to watch paint dry!

2 Likes

In case no one appreciated just how true this sentiment is…

SPEED WALKER!

“I’m sorry, you’re cluttering up the internet” is the best internet comeback ever. What a hero.

2 Likes

The man is a national treasure.

1 Like

It’s a trick question. Actually it is from the right.

3 Likes

Youtube has got you covered!

2 Likes

I got a bathroom needs repainting, just saying.

1 Like

I gotta say, the “UndeNYEable” guy has a valid point.

4 Likes

@pesco, you forgot to link to the Kickstarter project to make a Bill Nye film that this video is promoting.

2 Likes

I’m assuming he meant ‘from the top of the coat of paint’ i.e. near the surface or ‘from the bottom’ i.e. near the material being painted. It depends whether you’re painting canvas or wood, I imagine.

Having done some painting of my house I can say I’ve watched paint dry, either agonisingly slowly when insects would keep landing in the fresh coat, or too fast when you’re frantically trying to finish before the earth revolves into full view of the sun and causes blisters all over.

Is house-painting really a suitable job for a vampire? Maybe you should rethink your career choices?

6 Likes