Watch: Bizarre mishap on live TV show when child is seated on a scooter

Originally published at: Watch: Bizarre mishap on live TV show when child is seated on a scooter | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Kid: Well, that was exciting. Let’s do it again!
Everyone else: NOOOOOO!

11 Likes

“Bizarre” when the video clearly shows the kid twisting the throttle to get it moving?

That never should have been a possiblity.

9 Likes

If only there were some way of locking people from arbitrarily starting motor vehicles.

11 Likes

It’s odd that they would have a running scooter onstage. Could it have been an electric? It is an electric scooter that might have been turned on without anyone noticing.

ETA: Sun Ra approves.

9 Likes

Glad the camera crew had those cat like reflexes! There is no minimum age limit for Whiskey Throttle

9 Likes

I’ve never heard it called that. Interesting.

3 Likes

Here’s one of the greatest of the latest whiskey throttle mishaps:

He almost falls off, but instead does something much worse - clings on for dear life while inadvertently twisting the throttle, also known as ‘whiskey throttle’. We see the trike launch off to a ramp on the other side, its 81bhp Rotax inline-three buzzing away.

5 Likes

But was the scooter harmed?

6 Likes

The look on her face when she takes off! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :grimacing:

Glad no one was hurt!

7 Likes

Or maybe not turned off after depositing it on the sound stage.

I have one of those little Honeywell Dashers (thanks, BoingBoingShop), and it’s surprising how much torque they have. I’ve done a couple of very small wheelies when starting off, so I’ve learned to lean forward more often.

4 Likes

I certainly hope not.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.