Watch brave Good Samaritans run into traffic to stop vehicle when driver passes out at the wheel

Originally published at: Watch brave Good Samaritans run into traffic to stop vehicle when driver passes out at the wheel | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Breaking a car window… not quite like the movies is it.
There are tools for that though.

5 Likes

That’s how you lead in a world full of talkers, action speaks.

20 Likes

All shapes, sizes, colours and sexes; a rainbow of cooperation.

20 Likes

That dude in the white shirt certainly learned the hard way.

3 Likes

Nice to see some news coming out of Florida that isn’t a dystopian nightmare.

18 Likes

standing ovation applause GIF

13 Likes

The Florida story we needed

12 Likes

Pappy-Boyington-678x381

Notice how we all react to good news - i.e. examples of people behaving selflessly, nobly…stories with happy endings…

We need more reporting of this type of news.

Everyone needs a break from the endless horror-cycle that today’s news presents.

12 Likes

The reason we use the term “Good Samaritan” in these cases is because in the biblical story, the Jewish traveler was saved by a person from Samaria and all Samaritans were considered by Jews to be essentially enemies. It wasn’t necessarily remarkable simply because of the good deed that was done, rather that it was a Samaritan who did so counter to the perceived nature of his people.

Point is, good job Florida. Keep it up.

12 Likes

Am I cynical that my first thought was how Ron DeSantis will use the inevitable award ceremony for a photo op?

5 Likes

He’s already asked the DA to charge all parties involved. They clearly destroyed property, took control of a vehicle not their own without the permission of the owner, and disrupted traffic patterns. Plus some of them might have been gay at the time of the incident.

3 Likes

My second favourite Mitchell and Webb sketch.

10 Likes

That was great, thanks! :rofl:

3 Likes

4 Likes

The car was then put in park and the Good Samaritans pushed it to a nearby 7-Eleven parking lot where a nurse who was on the phone with 911 provided medical attention until the fire department arrives.

More likely, it was put in neutral so that it could be pushed.

3 Likes

You are not alone in feeling crushed by the avalanche of bad news.
I subscribe to The Happy Newspaper. It only appears quarterly, but it’s something.
If you prefer an online source with an American focus, you might like The Good News Hub

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.