Watch: Can an NYU track star outrun the New York City subway?

Originally published at: Watch: Can an NYU track star outrun the New York City subway? | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Wow, that Park Place station is rough. I once did this on my bike. My girlfriend and I were leaving a film on the Upper West Side and heading to 14th st so I took my bike while she took the train. I thought I had missed her completely after waiting quite some time and hearing numerous trains pass, but had actually beat the train by more than five minutes.

9 Likes
4 Likes

If you’re not quite that fast at running, why not try the challenge in London, instead:

6 Likes

I remember an episode of HIMYM was based upon this premise.

3 Likes

Of the very few times a mask is restricting, it is while you are running as fast as you can. That young man is fleet of foot.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

4 Likes

:musical_note: “My real name is Mr. Earl…”

Kudos to Jon Diáz.

4 Likes

That was fun.
BTW, the second sentence should read “Chambers”, not Chamber.

Whoever was following him with the steady(ish)cam is the true hero. Also, was as fast as the track star!

I love the very end of the video where a person walks into the background of the shot, realizes they don’t want to be on camera and changes course, only to be picked up again by a change in camera angle. D’oh!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.