Watch comical chipmunk shove three peanuts into its mouth

Originally published at: Watch comical chipmunk shove three peanuts into its mouth | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Evolution: Yeah, it’s easier to evolve large cheek pouches than evolve enough intelligence to remove the kernels from the shells. Let’s take the easy way out here.

ETA Yeah, yeah, yeah - I know that time is of the essence to reduce exposure to predators, etc. But the time taken to shove that second one in could have been more productively used, perhaps.

6 Likes

My mom has trained a squirrel in the backyard to beg for peanuts by the sliding glass door to her patio.

It’s not afraid of people anymore, and he loves peanuts dearly, you can almost hand them directly to him :blush:

6 Likes
7 Likes

Hey that was only two peanuts in it’s mouth. Deceptive advertising!

3 Likes

Cut to 30 years in the future.

“…and this, ladies and gentlemen, is the famous RandomDude’s Mom’s peanut orchard. All these trees you see were planted by a little squirrel they used to feed back in the day!”

5 Likes
2 Likes

I’m tempted to tie a string to one and fish for squirrels :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

They stash them, don’t they? I would think they know leaving them in the shells makes them last longer.

2 Likes

Legend says that the great Dizzy Gillespie could carry 37 pounds of trail mix that way.

Dizzy

11 Likes

I got the six volume Looney Tunes, in part, to be able to watch that one again after 40 years.

3 Likes

I watched a squirrel in a parking lot carry a twig in its mouth bearing at least ten chestnuts. It was so heavy that it was walking on its forelegs with its hind end straight up in the air. That is determination.

3 Likes

You’re right, but now I have this delightful image of @anothernewbbaccount leading a time management seminar for a scurry of chipmunks!
(Yes, I had to look up the group name. Was not disappointed.)

5 Likes

I’d like to reply, but the internet has ruined me.

I tried it once. Attention span of a butterfly billionaire techbro. Hopeless.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.