Watch cute toddler riding a fantastic backyard rollercoaster his dad built

Originally published at: Watch cute toddler riding a fantastic backyard rollercoaster his dad built | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Okay, that was adorbable.

Good dad.

Fav bit;

Dad: “… Safety bar”

Kid: “Ser-wee-ously?”

Dad: “Seriously!”

22 Likes

This is both amazing and adorable!

18 Likes

Man, all I got to play with growing up were tools and guns. Lucky kid.

6 Likes

The fun starts @ 1:30, and I want one for Christmas.

9 Likes

cute kid, cool dad.

12 Likes

Horse does not approve of rollercoaster.

14 Likes

As someone with both professional and personal ride building experience, that dad has my serious respect. Looks like he did a better job handing the banking and transitions into and out of the turns than most backyard coasters, as well as a fair number of professional ones that have jarring unbanked turns.

18 Likes

“Want to take a break?”

Yeah right. You’re going to be pushing that thing uphill for the next 10 years. I assume by now he’s either installed some sort of pulley system or he looks like the Incredible Hulk.

14 Likes

Ok, this needs to be permalinked somewhere on the BoingBoing home page so anytime we need something to make us feel better about humans, we can watch this.

6 Likes

I think the body of the coaster plane is made from a plastic barrel, and I am pretty sure that the black foam cushions on the sides are pipe insulation, probably 3/4" pipe size.

3 Likes

Yeah, he totally needs an adult-size Hot Wheels Power Racer module to keep it going longer.

5 Likes

Careful kid, you’re scaring the horses! Also, the instant demand for more runs as soon as dad says one more time.

2 Likes

“This is the last time for now, OK.”
“But I want to do it two more times.”
“Two more times?”
“Yeah.”
“But that’s ridiculous!”
“I mean, I want to do it three more times.”

6 Likes

I figured the horse was saying,

Horse Reaction GIF

“I’ll show you fast, kid!”

Jumping Horse Racing GIF by Ascot Racecourse

4 Likes

I do love the high tech launch system: a 2x4!

4 Likes

Sometimes simpler really is better. I mean, how many times will the dad have to push the car up the hill before the kid is permanently bored of this ride, maybe 500? Still probably less effort than designing and building a safe, reliable chain lift system. More eco-friendly too!

2 Likes

yeah, but when the boy invites all of his 30 friends for a ride, those 500 pushes will have to happen on one afternoon. poor poor dad.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.