Watch: deep-cleaning of a disgustingly filthy iPhone

Originally published at: Watch: deep-cleaning of a disgustingly filthy iPhone | Boing Boing

This is like the iPhone equivalent of those pimple popping videos.

4 Likes

I think this phone has bigger problems than a dirty speaker.

2 Likes

I’m adding another layer of dirt to my iPhone right now.

3 Likes

The crud on my iPhone is more protective than the otterbox!

1 Like

Incidentally I, and a number of my friends, refer to this build up as “spoo”. I’m interested to know how widespread this term is.

1 Like

I always feel like such a clean person when watching one of these videos.

1 Like

depends what you can find in your preferred pocket

Untitled

I’ve been using wireless charging more and more, which means the pocket lint in the USB C charger on my phone builds up, I’ve had to use a toothpick to pull out “felt” plugs that have built up in the port when I couldn’t figure out why my USB C cable wasn’t working with my phone. Now I’m wondering if they have USB C silicon plugs for phones to avoid all of that. I know they had ones for headphones plugs on the old phones.

1 Like

Now I’m wondering if they have USB C silicon plugs for phones to avoid all of that.

they sure do

Wow… my ancient MacBook Pro’s USB plugs had an unaccountably large amount of lint.
This might explain, and remedy, chronic flaky USB connection issues I’ve been having.
(I had thought that USB connectors just “wore out” after a while.)

2 Likes

Yep, I lost the ability to charge an old iPhone until I unplugged the gung from the charging port with a sowing neddle.

Then went to work on the air induction ports on my MacBook Pro and now runs so much cooler!!!

1 Like

You live dangerously! I’m paranoid about putting metal into a port, esp if I had had some static charge accidentally built up. I used a wooden chopstick (spliced, so that it was a narrow but sturdy dowel).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.