Watching lint and debris get cleaned out of an iphone's holes is oh so satisfying

Originally published at: Watching lint and debris get cleaned out of an iphone's holes is oh so satisfying | Boing Boing

4 Likes

TIL to clean out charging port if phone stops charging easily! Very soothing video, thorough cleaning, & a luvly accent.

3 Likes

You can just jam a toothpick in there. I’m not sure how people get their phones to charge reliably if they don’t do this a couple times a year.

It’s less of a problem with lightning ports than with the old 30-pin badport connectors, but the downside is that now you usually can’t see the lint until you fish it out with that toothpick.

3 Likes

This was a game changer. I had given up on the charging port and have gone induction only, leaving me only one way to recharge iphone. I could not even see the gunk until a couple of scrapes in and wow. All good now. Speakers have remained awesome and are still a mystery to me (how the stereo deal even works, coming from two speakers on one side but sounding like they are blasting out of both).

2 Likes

There’s also at least one speaker at the top end (the one by your ear if you make a phone call in the old way), and it does use that in landscape mode, but yes, it can also get some separation from just the two speakers at the bottom, which is mildly sorcerous.

1 Like

This seems like staged youtube clickbait. Lemme pack this phone with fuzz, then magically clean it out!

Not everything on the internet is fake. And humans are gross. Lots of skin and hair and fibers going everywhere.

2 Likes

I cleaned out the charging port on my phone right after watching the first part of the video, and ewww the detritus looked just like what he fished out.

3 Likes

Yup. If a toothpick is too big, sharpen/whittle it until it fits. I’ve “repaired” several phones/chargers this way.

2 Likes

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/1930-03-17/debates/f1f97b38-e81c-4efd-8875-466e79077238/Telephones(Disinfection)

2 Likes
1 Like

I had no idea this was a thing until recently. My phone had stopped charging and I was prepared to pay 70 euros or to jettison it entirely, but then someone said to put a pin in there and extract Satan’s navel fluff. Minutes later, it was charging again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.