Watch doctor extract humongous 20-year-old cyst – if you dare

I’m glad that video wasn’t in smell-o-vision.

5 Likes

The spicy references must flow!!!

4 Likes

I’m not quite sure I’d let a dermatologist perform something like this on me, and as an out-patient to boot.

1 Like

I miss the ear wax removal video binge BoingBoing indulged in a few years back. Mmmmmm - greasy goodness!

1 Like

a confluence of events led me to my first self-surgery.

*mold in house? check
*nick yourself while shaving? check
*strange growth size of golfball underneath chin? check
*doctor can’t see me for two weeks? check
*happen to have a brand new hunting knife delivered that day? check!

I crept down to our downstairs bathroom and performed some selective slicing and dicing on my neck. in retrospect, perhaps not my smartest move, but the satisfaction of seeing all of that green & yellow puss come out and the pressure relief was fantastic!
I still have a nice little scar as my reminder.

i can’t believe after 20 years of reading boingboing this is why i chose to post for the first time…

17 Likes

You could always try finding an old school barber.

http://brainblogger.com/2011/05/06/from-haircuts-to-hangnails-the-barber-surgeon/

there’s a whole subreddit for this stuff

https://reddit.com/r/popping

1 Like

I can relate. That wasn’t my only self surgery (probably none of them were advisable), and the leatherman was chosen because it was new and sharp.
Good first post

This is exactly what they told a good friend of mine, who has one in nearly the same place. His is half ping-pong sized, but hasn’t ever really changed in ten years, so the doctors won’t touch it.

2 Likes

Kind of an unusual thing for an horologist to be doing, isn’t it?

2 Likes

About time, I say.

4 Likes

Been there, had that removed. Actually, so has $HERSELF.

At least in my case I was referred to a plastic surgeon. Not for cosmetic reasons (like I ever cared) but because of proximity to nerves.

Right. I love plastic surgeons because – given all the work they do for vanity projects – they have become so incredible at reconstructive surgery and removing stuff with a minimal impact.

I had a mole on my face my whole life that, around age 30, started getting big. I went to a derm and she recommended a plastic surgeon for the removal. That dude took the thing out and I thought I was going to have a Prussian Dueling Scar when it was over. Big, big slice. My wife was mortified. But it healed right up and you have to look for it. Completely benign, fortunately.

3 Likes

the muted button could be at the top of posts, you know.

churros anyone ?

3 Likes

Yeah – I had a melanoma removed five years ago. There’s a bit of a scar (because I do) but thats it.

Well, that and I’m alive.

1 Like

It’s not exactly a minute thing to operate on, is it? I guess he had the right gear to spring into action.

1 Like

WHAT is THAT

A scene from the TV show DreamCorpLLC. Randy’s cyst seems to be filled with moths and worms.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.