Watch Doctor Who’s Doctor face his end over and over again

They could bring him back … AS A VILLAIN!

The Doctor could struggle AGAINST HIMSELF!

or the current one could go bad, that might be even better

1 Like

I’m not sure the Mistress would stand for that!

3 Likes

i’ve loved pretty much every incarnation of the doctor, but i was surprised this only focused on the newer doctors, too. still makes me teary, though. i love that character so much.

2 Likes

After An Adventure in Space and Time, I was really hoping David Bradley was going to show up in the 50th anniversary special as the 1st Doctor.

Incidentally, has anyone ever done a Venn diagram of Game of Thrones and Doctor Who actors? So far, for the overlapping bit in the middle, I’ve got:

• David Bradley
  • Liam Cunningham
  • Iain Glen
  • Julian Glover
  • Mark Gatiss
  • Tobias Menzies
  • Spencer Wilding.

EDITED TO ADD: How the hell did I miss Maisie Williams?

1 Like

It took me WAY too long to parse “Watch Doctor Who’s Doctor face…”

4 Likes

For someone who has never been exposed to any Doctor Who, where is the best place to start?

Christopher Eccleston’s run. Good acting, mostly solid scripts (comedy farting aliens aside), effects now showing their age but infinitely better than the shaky sets and pantomime-horse monsters of the classic series.* Introduces the essential elements quickly (man travels time and space in box fighting monsters) and brings in the wider story (and references to earlier adventures and monsters) as and when necessary, rather than swamping you with exposition up front or expecting you to know loads already.

* Don;t get me wrong, I love old Who, but some of the production standards can be distracting, especially to a new viewer. If you insist on starting with the original, try Genesis of the Daleks (which, coincidentally, is the earliest story I can remember watching in its first broadcast).

7 Likes

Genesis also has the classic “have I that right?” scene, which is quintessential to the moral center of the series.

5 Likes

Also The Green Death because it’s so groovy

5 Likes

Also “The Massacre of St Bartholomew’s Eve” and “Galaxy 4” from the original series.

What?! Gotta be worth a try!

1 Like

1 Like

You would do yourself a favor to listen to the Big Finish audio-books. They are fully produced with the actual actors (the ones still alive - they do have new actors for those who past on). They are audio dramas - with sound effects and music.

McGann has been doing these since before the new series started so he kept things going until the BBC rebooted Who.

They are even starting to introduce some of the new characters into the dramas, such as River and Strax.

There have been multi doctor stories, and even some book ranges dedicated to spin-off and companion stories, like Bernice Summerfield and Jago/Litefoot.

Check them out!

4 Likes

This video should be marked NSFW, because I don’t want to start crying at my desk.

1 Like

And also anyone who complains about the romantic elements in the revived series because “they never had anything like that in the original” should watch the last five minutes of The Green Death.

(Or for that matter, the first ten minutes of City of Death.)

3 Likes

Wonderfully acted by Pertwee

4 Likes

I had the chance to meet Doctor Ten(nant) at a convention.

My first words to him were “You’re one of my Doctors!”

He replied "Only one?

I pointed to the paper “celery” on my #10 hockey sweater, and replied, “Well, there’s your father-in-law.”

Which got me “Yeah, he counts too.”

What I didn’t tell him was they are all my Doctors!

10 Likes

That’s a great story! Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Davison’s run was pretty underrated. The question marks and celery didn’t help, but he did have a lot of really solid serials.

And then, despite having a decent couple of actually decent actors following him, the show leapt off the cliff into the bog of branding attempt inanity.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.