Watch Elton John create a song on the spot using words from an oven user manual

Originally published at: Watch Elton John create a song on the spot using words from an oven user manual | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Random Claudia Schiffer/David Copperfield appearance? That was odd.

4 Likes

I thought that was his job, to appear and disappear?

18 Likes

For the Cure fans out there:

2 Likes

Quite a few celebrities, comedians and such in the crowd.

4 Likes

Also, how could Mark leave out the fact tht it was Richard E. Grant who provided the lyrics?!

10 Likes

Indeed. Also saw Comedian Mel Smith sitting in the crowd.

3 Likes

Also spotted: Boris Becker, Ozzy Osbourne

3 Likes

I trust the spontaneity of this a bit more, and he explains his process a bit (highly recommended):

5 Likes

Ah, OK. They were the only two I recognized offhand.

1 Like

Ben Folds composed for a complete orchestra in 10 minutes:
https://www.kennedy-center.org/video/digital-stage/classical-music/2017/ben-folds-composes-a-song-live-for-orchestra-in-only-10-minutes/

4 Likes

But also apparently, Sacha Baron Cohen, Richard E Grant, Ozzie, and a host of people in the category of “vaguely familiar.”

What sort of gathering was this?

2 Likes

It seems to have been this:

3 Likes

Scott Adams is a piece of shit, but I’ll still take every opportunity to post my favorite Dilbert comic

1 Like

really want to know if Ozzy asked a question, and if so… what??

3 Likes

I once had a car repair manual written by Bernie Taupin and I completely severed the brake line because he’d forgotten whether it was green or blue.

3 Likes

Still, it was the sweetest line you’d ever seen.

2 Likes
1 Like

Nah, that looked like Greg Rusedski to me and the cast list seems to confirm that. An Audience with… has been going for decades though with the Billy Connolly one being particularly fondly remembered.

An Audience with... - Wikipedia

1 Like

Oh! Oh! Do IKEA bookshelf next. I don’t care about the music so much, I was just hoping someone else could actually read the bloody instructions. :blush:

3 Likes