Watch every Team USA gold medal win in less than two minutes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/26/watch-every-team-usa-gold-meda.html

2 Likes

i don’t know how many times i’ve watched that curling video this past weekend, but it blows me away EVERY. TIME. so amazing, and i don’t know anything about curling! i think what also makes it so emotional to watch is the whole underdog story behind it – they were the team of rejects from the sport, and they end up crushing it at the olympics. so cool. all the medalists are so inspiring, but there’s something about a bunch of middle-aged guys with working-class jobs achieving this that really feels awesome.

4 Likes

I was visiting a friend up in MSP a few years ago and insisted we take the family to a curling rink – he’s a serious winter sports guy but had never curled. Took 1 hour lesson, hurt muscles I didn’t know I had, and generally had a fantastic time. It’s crazy hard to do that motion, but they also have a stick you can push it with if you are a rank beginner. If you can find the time, do it. There’s also a lot of post-ice drinking, if that’s your thing.

3 Likes

Helps with those sore muscles.

1 Like

Curling aside, it seems there’s an abundance of medals for sports that involve spinning around in the air.

is it less than two minutes because they didn’t win a lot of medals?? (we lost curling and hockey, 2018 giant meteor, just end it!)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.