Watch: #FightCovid19 robot enforces Singapore social distance rules with 360º spy-cam

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/28/watch-fightcovid19-robot-enf.html

5 Likes

It really needs a Dr. Who Dalek voice.

8 Likes

Even a 4Km range would be underwhelming. Many electric wheelchairs have more range than that.

@SamWinston It can’t even climb stairs!

5 Likes

Some people do some things.

1 Like

I love this! A one person job was replaced by a robot that required engineering and fabrication, a vehicle to transport it, and a small team of people to maintain and operate it.

It would be a great exposition device for a sci-fi pandemic movie though!

Does it also mow the grass?

4 Likes

And COVOT will be it’s name.

8 Likes

William Gibson once called Singapore ‘Disneyland with the death penalty’. This is a whole new theme park!

4 Likes

Ran into a near identical model at Narita airport last December … was also just moping around (not mopping, was not a wet rumba) and announcing security advice (with most likely a 360 cam in its dome)

5 Likes

No but it grasses on anyone not moving.

5 Likes

I can’t help but imagine that there is actually a little person inside, pedalling like mad and speaking through a voice synthesizer. Maybe @SamWinston was right; this might be a Dr Who Dalek.

5 Likes

Eric Morecambe was The Master?

Mind. Blown!

2 Likes

I misread that as Explosive Device.

That works too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.