Watch Florida sheriff David Morgan edumacate about "black culture"

Finally clarified and totally laid to rest in just a few simple minutes! You’re welcome black america! Time to get off your jobless butts and throw a parade for this 'merican hero!

1 Like

But we all loved the movie “Thelbert and Louis.”

1 Like

What the heck was the first video bit from? What was the expected use - police training? I’m trying to imagine a context that makes it less (or more) face-palm-worthy, but it’s equally bad in all contexts. And then the other bit… whoo boy.
I especially like his bit about “thug culture” - “one that aggrandizes… foul language, shooting cops, abusing women.” Clearly the guy doesn’t know his (white) American folk and country music, because those have all been big parts of it at various times…

4 Likes

Yep. All of that business about living the life on the run from the law, gunfights in the streets, and not knowing who your daddy’s name is the stuff I’ve heard almost every day because of my dad’s love of country music. It was a moral, Christian lifestyle until the wrong people started singing about it.

4 Likes

I, uh…

“Florida man shot in head, complains of headache”

I’m actually in pain I’ve been laughing so hard. I can’t even see right now because of the tears.

Literally like 10 solid minutes, wave after wave of laughter. I think the only reason I was able to stop was because I was afraid I might asphyxiate.

2 Likes

Digging through the sources, and tracing them back to facebook, it looks like sheriff Morgan has a lot of opinions that he likes to state publicly, including “Muslims are Nazis”.

Here’s a telling blog post with some interesting recordings of his opinions: http://cjsstreetreport.blogspot.com/2015/04/escambia-county-fl-sheriff-morgan.html

There’s apparently at least one group trying to get him impeached from office.

3 Likes

Instead of waiting 4 days, any chance this topic could be closed now?

1 Like

Causality flaws aside, he is right towards the end; teaching character and integrity are a shared responsibility among the culture at large.

So too is a better understanding of racism, violence, and inequality; this should not be reduced to a single prong argument.

And then there’s the ridiculous facts that show how African-Americans use drugs at the same rate as white Americans, but are multiple times more likely to be arrested and to serve time. And then there’s the gross disparity of justice when you have African-Americans being incarcerated at mind-blowing rates, but white Americans who brought our economy to its knees get away with billions and ZERO jail time. And please, stop trying to equate Welsh-American with African-American. If you don’t want to be called Welsh-American, that’s your choice. Your ancestors CHOSE to come to this country. They weren’t abducted and sold as property for generations. African-American is what we should call them because that’s a term they prefer, and white America can’t decide for them. I could go on, but I suspect I’ve fallen prey to a Floridian Troll.

1 Like

This one?

I kind of like this one a bit more:

1 Like

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.