Watch GOP senators avoid question about Trump's gassing and grenading peaceful protestors

Here’s what I predict happening the evening of November 3rd:

Trump to GOP: “I tell you the truth, this very night, before the rooster crows , you will deny three times that you even know me .”

10 Likes
18 Likes

“I didn’t really see it.”

In their defense, they’re all reaching the age where working the TV remote is really complicated.

9 Likes

Yeah, he’s been a real cockup for the gop.

That was a good segment. Kudos to MSNBC.

1 Like

I agree. This needs to be pushed down the throats of Trump voters, because for at least some of them, this would be a fascist step too far.

10 Likes

Oh, but you are wrong - they did in fact gas religious leaders who were on the ground in front of the church.

2 Likes

Two or three times a week, I write an email to my repub senator simply saying - “You should have voted to IMPEACH. Now you look like a fool.” And I include the latest stupid thing dRumph has said or done.

15 Likes

The bagpipe didn’t say no.

Your use of lower case for gop suggests making it a verb for something really disgusting:

gop v. to have oral-anal intercourse with a person who is simultaneously emitting diarrhea. Senator McConnell is gopping President Trump again.

6 Likes

Ha! Well, I refuse to capitalize trump or refer to him as president and usually do the same when referring to the party of white supremacy, but that’s a hell of a bonus meaning!

3 Likes

This is one of the things that bothers me about this more than a lot of their other lies. Generally, if you somehow believe their lie, it absolves them of fault. Declaring that you are unfamiliar with front page international news a few blocks away is a gross dereliction of duty for a legislator. That is doubly true when every Senator’s state has large connected demonstrations. The most charitable reading of the statements means they shouldn’t be in office.

9 Likes

Reminds me of when Trump initially refused to denounce David Duke and the KKK after they endorsed him for 2016, claiming ignorance of the man and his organization. This was an obvious lie since he’d commented on both in the past, but even if it had been true that level of ignorance should have been disqualifying in and of itself.

8 Likes

Another great reaction from Alexandra Petri:

Sorry, I have thrown all my TVs out the window at a persistent squirrel.

Sorry, Lunch is a sacred institution with me, and I cannot be even a second late or my plate will evaporate and I will be subject to the Reaving.

Sorry, I’m not really political.

6 Likes

That fecking asshole is Rob Portman, the senator I write to 2 or 3 times a week. He’s from Cincinnati where the cops took down the American flag and put up the blue line flag. https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/cincinnati-sheriff-deputies-replace-american-flag-at-the-justice-center-with-pro-police-thin-blue-line-flag/
We need to vote them out - all of them.

9 Likes

Ha! But nah, Reek was redeemable.

6 Likes

Oh my god,
can this be a real thing.
I’ve been calling McConnell a feltcher this whole time when I could’a been calling him a gopper.
snicker
win one for the gopper :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

WELL ACTUALLY it was more of an aerosol /s

5 Likes

Funny how kneeling during the anthem is heretical, but replacing the flag with a crude, blunt, divisive imitation is perfectly fine.

6 Likes

Yeah, those protesters were really “abusing their power”

…of using the first amendment

3 Likes