These GOP senators have not (will not?) read whistleblower complaint on Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/26/these-gop-senators-have-not-w.html

4 Likes

I’m sure that if a John Dean-esque Trump insider came forward and was brutally honest about what went on they would question his honesty, imply or openly insist he had some kind of political bias, and berate him.

25 Likes

If President Biff himself was given truth serum and blabbed for a week about everything evil he’s done since Kindergarten, they would say the same thing.

Jim Acosta: “Mr. President, what about all the crimes you confessed to yesterday?”
Biff: “You can’t believe a word that guy says. He’s a partisan hack. He’s the criminal. You should be looking into him, not me. He was spying on me from inside my own brain the whole time!”

26 Likes

Why would they? They’ve pledged fealty. Kissed the ring. And only stand to lose if they step out of line.

16 Likes

Post it to their twitter feeds, one tweet, 280 characters at a time.

7 Likes

there have been so many “john dean” moments from this white house since the inaugural it obviates the premise of your comment.

3 Likes

33 Likes

Roger That!

8 Likes
9 Likes

of-course

f2d586de78ecf9f43d9a32928df546a9--funny-things-funny-stuff

16 Likes

It’s very similar to criminal lawyers telling their clients first-off, “Don’t tell me if you did it or not. I don’t want to know. It would impact my defense.”

8 Likes

Normally, when something "raises more questions than answers,” you’re supposed to actually ask those questions and look for the answers.

:notes: The answer was under your nose
But the question never arose :notes:

12 Likes

They’ve read it. They snarfed it down before they took their next breath.

Trump%20Popper%20quote

10 Likes

4 Likes

Not saying that I’m going to steal this, print out a bunch of stickers and go on a vandalism spree, but I’m not going to say I’m not either…

7 Likes

The most charitable reading is that they are trying to do their job of keeping the government open and running effectively and not worrying about the impeachment over in the House. And whatever the House decides on impeachment, it will be months before they have finished their investigation. There really isn’t much reason for senators to waste time worrying about it until the investigations are done and the House Judiciary committee starts voting.

3 Likes

Other than to check that they aren’t mentioned by name in the transcript :smiley:

9 Likes

And you wonder why we call it fly-over country. We just don’t like stepping in ignorance.

4 Likes
3 Likes

GOP senators can read?

2 Likes