Watch how 7 people illegally crossed a US-Canada border by driving across a shared lawn

Originally published at: Watch how 7 people illegally crossed a US-Canada border by driving across a shared lawn | Boing Boing

8 Likes

So the “caravan of illegals” is true, only Canada style. Dang.

18 Likes

Quite the contrast with the southern illegal border crossings…

8 Likes

No signage, no visible indication of a border. (??)

“What? What are you on about, officer? I’m in Canada - of course I am. And why are you impersonating a US cop?”

3 Likes

Hypothetical remark from “armchair lawyer” in the group: "I see a loophole; it’s the lawn!"

3 Likes

Rookie move. It’s not like Border Patrol doesn’t know the Haskell Library is a soft target. They watch it like crazy from both sides. You won’t get 10 yards trying that.

Ironically, the library was founded as a place of unity to bring the countries together and help reduce influence of territorial borders.

Oh there’s tons of signage all over the area. You could not do that accidentally.

13 Likes

Interesting. Looks like there are several other structures in that area that straddle the line. I wonder how that works, legally?

7 Likes

Oddly there are two side streets just east of the library that are far easier to drive across, prolly with less suspicion too.

1 Like

Indeed - Born in East L.A. border crossing - YouTube

2 Likes

Anybody else ever traveled along Boundary Road at the north edge of Lynden, WA, which is separated from 0 Avenue in Aldergrove, BC by a ditch?

I’ve done Cascade Cycle Club’s RSVP ride, which routes that way. The cuesheet instructions are very clear on using the route 539/13 border crossing, and not simply hopping over the ditch into Canada prematurely.

3 Likes

Using a Haskell library for their procedure, that’s their problem right there!

12 Likes

So - is it just me, or couldn’t they just keep going straight, and turn left at that grass island?

Or was that guy at the crossing walk to stop that?

2 Likes

Christ, what assholes, eh?

2 Likes

It looks as thought there’s a rope gate to prevent that.

But I’m still confused. Are people allowed to walk across the border? I mean, there must be a hundred ways to cross that aren’t as suspicious.

4 Likes

Coming soon: a row of boulders across the library lawn.

5 Likes

I wish they thought like this along the US-Mexico border.

12 Likes

Get a bunch of idiots in a car to distract while you slowly edge across on foot?

10 Likes

Which leads to the old joke about such buildings:

If you’re in the kitchen, you’re American. If you’re in the living room, you’re Canadian. If you’re in the bathroom, who are you?

European

14 Likes

Young Canadian distracts with cuteness while crawling over the border to freedom.

15 Likes

The Peace Arch Park between WA & BC is also a meeting ground. Peace Arch Park - Wikipedia

5 Likes