MyPillow truck tries — and of course fails — to join "freedom convoy" in Canada

Originally published at: MyPillow truck tries — and of course fails — to join "freedom convoy" in Canada | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I am genuinely surprised that they knew where Canada is.

35 Likes

Hi! Thankful that the creepy MyPillow guy’s truck was turned away at the border!! Just one correction, though, Ottawa is spelled…Ottawa, not “Ottowa”.

27 Likes

I’m now convinced that Lindell is just some random crackhead the real founders of the company ran into and decided to make the public face of the company as a sick joke.

20 Likes

Mr. Otto Wa would like a word…

14 Likes

Weird how border security is suddenly NBD for the party that once wanted a wall with spikes and a moat with alligators. They should be asked how the US should respond if Mexican citizens in a truck came to the border and wanted to distribute Mexican made pillows to BLM supporters in his town.

43 Likes

It’s all fun and games until crackhead Mike unleashes his pillow miltia…

community fighting GIF

24 Likes

We are so, so very lucky that these Trumpers are so, so very stupid.
We could have easily had a Putin type instead of the Trump clown show.

25 Likes

And Port Huron, Michigan…

8 Likes

The A Team 80S GIF

19 Likes

I think the US definitely dodged the bullet with Trump - though look at the damage he has done to the democratic system and the influence he will continue to have through stacking the courts at every level with his acolytes.

He has shown that there are many millions of Americans willing to flirt with fascism in the country and call it ‘patriotism’. And there are many younger, smarter politicians waiting to follow his path to darkness - in the absence of a miracle, the likes of Josh Hawley are going to be round for a very long time.

17 Likes

Sad Trombone Noise.

5 Likes

“Take the reality star on the hard right and straight on 'til morning.”

He’s the Subway Jared, but for sleep!

12 Likes

I mean, honestly, this has always been known. Not sure who said it first, but the expression is a cliché at this point: “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross”.

Fascism has always latched on to whatever symbols and emotional triggers are already in place in the community. The formula is usually similar- fear of immigrants, racism, queerphobia, economic problems, capital injections from wealthy people with an agenda to destroy the system and rebuild it in their image, etc. The lessons that we were supposed to take from WWII is that nobody is immune to fascism. It plays on weaknesses that we all have and we must all remain vigilant about it. However, enough time passes, and people forget those lessons again.

26 Likes

mike is the guy in the MAGA gang with a Kick Me sign taped to his back. but they keep him around because he pays for donnie’s soda. what a hapless ass.

10 Likes

What an entitled dumbass. You have to have a negative test within a certain amount of time in addition to a valid vaccination card to get into Canada.

Port Huron, eh? Detroit must’ve been too scary to pillow dude’s eyes as he was cruising down I-94 to get onto I-96 to the Ambassador…or he was pretty sure he’d get insta-arrested.

16 Likes

Sinclair Lewis’s “It Can’t Happen Here”, about an all-American dictator even predated WWII, written in 1935. Somebody should ban that book, so more kids get the urge to read it.

22 Likes

“Freedom Convoy”

Because nothing says “freedom” like keeping people from moving around their own city.

12 Likes

Nah, that’s easy. Just keep going “up” on the map.

5 Likes

I bet trash trucks are getting through. Just saying.

4 Likes