MyPillow truck tries — and of course fails — to join "freedom convoy" in Canada

Sir-- we aren’t out of the woods yet. In fact, we are in full Mirkwood-mode.
2022 and 2024 are going to be major bellwethers.
It makes one nauseous to even think it, but 2028 might also be critical, should he win a second term.
This is definitely a extremely-slow-motion bullet dodge.

9 Likes

Wait until they get past the vaccination question, and find out that their camera crew can’t legally work in Canada.

9 Likes

Especially when you’re coming from another country to do so.

5 Likes

Maybe that was part of the confusion - from Detroit, you have to go “down” on the map, and from Port Huron, you have to go “right”.

4 Likes

Laugh Laughing GIF

12 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant

Let’s cross the border to protest because we can’t cross the border!

7 Likes

That’s what struck me the most there- the protest is ostensibly about the vaccine requirement for crossing the border. Did they not know this? Or were they actually smart enough to know it would fail and make the news anyway?

4 Likes

And I always thought it was Auto-Wah!

2 Likes

These are folks who ran out of food and crashed homeless shelters looking for a free meal.

Lindell - would you like a pillow to eat?

8 Likes

I finally get that joke from The Big Lebowski!!?

“The original Port Huron Statement” as opposed to the “compromised second draft”?

This is Port Huron, right?

2 Likes

I don’t think we dodged that bullet at all. Best case scenario is that said bullet didn’t hit any critical organs.

13 Likes

“They plan to try again — still unvaccinated — on Wednesday”

Soooo are they banking that the Wednesday crew is working off of a different set of rules or…?

3 Likes

Hopefully they’ll try to bribe their way through.

5 Likes

I’m surprised he was trying to get into Canada. Isn’t he afraid of getting contaminated by universal healthcare?

9 Likes

Nah, seriously, I bet good money he got on I-94 eastbound where it picks up I-494 east of the Cities and never got off. I can practically hear the thought process: “Detroit is dirty and ugly and it scares me, we can’t cross here, I’ll get murdered”. lol.

I grew up in the Twin Cities, moved to Michigan in '95 and went downtown Detroit but myself frequently when I was young enough to enjoy night life. It was never as dangerous as white people NOT from Detroit made it out to be.

4 Likes

Another possible reason he avoided the Ambassador Bridge (Detroit) - it (confusingly for non-locals) leads south into Windsor Essex. On a map we are under the thumb of the giant mitt that is Michigan.

4 Likes

Beat me to it and had I know I would have gone up there to get some photos to mock him.

I really do get bored this time of year.

2 Likes

That’s been an issue, lately. My husband said some graphic on CNN spelled it that way last week.

This morning CNN had pictures of “Lake Mead, California” in a climate change story and about five seconds after he pointed it out to me, the graphic identifier disappeared from all the photos. I like to imagine someone in the control room yelling, “Hey! Lake Mead isn’t in California! It’s Nevada! Nevada!”

3 Likes

Completely agree. I recall a George Clinton concert downtown a friend and I (both as white as the driven snow) attended (St. Andrews? I think) where we were, by far, the minority. After some quizzical looks initially, people went out of their way to make us feel welcome when they saw we knew the lyrics and genuinely loved the music.

Hmmm… Remember that story about prescriptions to national parks? How about a prescription to a George Clinton concert for racists?

5 Likes