Watch how this adorable hummingbird makes friends with a human

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/13/watch-how-this-adorable-hummin.html

10 Likes

Lady: Go free!
Humbirb: Nah, I’m good.

13 Likes

6 Likes

To a lot of indigenous people, esp. in the U.S. Southwest, the hummingbird is considered a messenger who flies between different “worlds”.

16 Likes

Probably has a parasite.

11 Likes

I like hummingbirds and all, but I hate how many of them identify as Republicans.

5 Likes

25 Likes

12 Likes

That is really good beer! Hey guys! Free beer over here!

11 Likes

I’m guessing they probably think humans are the most incredibly slow, staggering, monolithic, and therefore harmless creatures in their universe… and yet they produce the most consistently tasty nectar! Maybe if we land on a human, they’ll hand us a biscuit.

11 Likes

But, BIRDS AREN’T REAL!

37 Likes

If she really loved the little murderbird, she’d find it a nice bunch of tiny insects. Nom nom nom nom.

1 Like

Could be very used to people, but I wonder if it’s alright. The only time I ever had a hummingbird sit in my hand like that, it was because it was stunned and exhausted from having come inside the house and then bounced off windows unable to get out before I could gather it up. (It was fine after a little rest.)

12 Likes

Whatever’s in the feeder shouldn’t be yellow. Sugar and water is all you should ever feed a hummingbird. (4 parts water to 1 part white sugar, no colour, no other sweeteners, just water and sugar.)

11 Likes

Watch how this adorable surveillance drone makes friends with a human

16 Likes

Commercially prepared foods are often dyed.

2 Likes

Groups of hummingbirds are called a “charm” -

22 Likes

I didn´t know that, and I am a happier person now that I have learned it.
Thank you!

12 Likes

“You’re so sweet!”

“Well, I have been consuming nothing but nectar.”

4 Likes