Watch how this genius outsmarts rigged claw machines

Originally published at: Watch how this genius outsmarts rigged claw machines | Boing Boing

4 Likes

So, um… theft? :thinking:

9 Likes

Capitalists hate this one trick.

15 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize

22 Likes

“But like elections in the mind of MAGA cultists, these claw machines rigged.”

You are implying that they are wrong, that claw machines are not rigged. Which is false. Claw machines come with a dynamically variable tension control for the claw which varies somewhere between pathetic and 2 week-old corpse hand.

Here’s just one example:

8 Likes

17 Likes

So, rigged.

8 Likes

My confusion comes down to comparing it to the Maga types, who falsely think elections were rigged. So I’m not getting why you use that analogy. It seems inapposite.

4 Likes

rigged as in ‘designed to retain the coin inserted 99%+ of the time regardless of what prize is being selected’. There might be something labeled on the machine in 2 point text that states that it’s for entertainment purposes only and by putting coin in, you agree to be entertained regardless if it actually gives you anything.

Same principal with slot machines; most (if not all) of the ones I’ve encountered can be configured to be ‘loose’ or ‘tight’ as far as what percentage of play will result in a win or payout and what bias to put on the RNG. Slot machines are at least up front about it.

5 Likes

Season 3 Smoking GIF by The Simpsons

13 Likes

“Ugh, I know how to make love!”

5 Likes

emphasis added - this is implying that elections are rigged only in the mind of a MAGA cultist - this implies that outside of said cultist mind - they are not. It’s a twist that is meant to make fun of the MAGA cult - re-assert elections are not rigged, and compare that to something that is - in fact - rigged all at the same time.

2 Likes

Russian elections would have been a more appropriate analogy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if those were also counterfeit (or very outdated) Apple devices.

I somewhat suspect it’s a staged video. I’ve seen other videos with claw machines that contained expensive items, and they made it clear that not only was the claw machine incapable of grasping those items, but the high-value items were actually affixed to the interior such that they couldn’t, even by accident, end up in the prize chute.

3 Likes
2 Likes

despicable me GIF

6 Likes

Apparently in Tokyo all you need to do to get an edge on these machines is ask politely.

2 Likes

Ai ya! Da si ne!

That’s fake.

There isn’t enough metal in iPods and iPhones to hold on a magnet like that through glass and through all their packaging, and that’s not nearly a big enough magnet even if there was.

I call bullshit.

14 Likes

What would make this video absolutely amazing… Is the camera turning around at the end to reveal the player as Bill Shatner.