Watch: Idaho lawmaker opposes bill because it "makes it easier for mothers to come out of the home"

Part of the GOP voter-suppression strategy: Keep people ignorant.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Nobody clicked the link? Seems that this vote was a full year ago…

1 Like

And curiously, the assumption is that women are always the ones caring for children. We are now so far removed from what was, within living memory, the common reality: women dying young, leaving their children in their widowed father’s care. Not only do I know people to whom that happened, but both of my parents were raised by their widowed fathers – who also, surprise surprise! – had to work full time to feed, clothe, and house them. Not to mention somehow get them to school in rural America.
Apparently that never happened in Idaho.

1 Like

Don’t do that.

Ohio has its’ problems… but at least it’s NOT freakin’ Idaho.

8 Likes
6 Likes

Nothing more threatens a mediocre man than a competent woman.

8 Likes

60% vowels vs 75% vowels.

6 Likes

2 Likes

And one is not known for potato farms.

5 Likes

Boy howdy is there ever! I can think of about 12,000.

4 Likes

To me Ohio is always Chrissie Hynde, she melts the snow on any Winter night.

6 Likes

Somehow I envision a potential opponent for his next election that:

1. Is of the opposite gender
  2. Has a military background
  3. Has an encyclopedic knowledge of his incompetence (gleaned from his office staff and their mistreatment of them by him), and is not afraid to use it against him.

I am thinking of a Katie Porter crossed with an aggressive criminal prosecutor/judge, and isn’t afraid to show their firsthand knowledge to demonstrate how his legislation doesn’t address reality.

1 Like

The FUCK?!

…Yes, I have a somewhat violent nature; I really wanna punch this toad. I’m sure God will understand a bit of proactive sin.

1 Like

To me, it’s Roger and Zapp:

3 Likes

Idaho has the largest proportion of unwed mothers aged 15 to 19 at 81.6% of the total and is ranked #1. Though if this legislator is emblematic of their choices, who can blame them? Idaho Demographics data population census. Curious his thoughts on same sex marriage. Are gay women parents supposed to both stay home? Are gay men both supposed to leave the home?

Also weird in that we’ve just had a year where many working have been doing so while staying home with kids.

1 Like

“all right we are two nations”

― John Dos Passos, The Big Money

One of these days, I’ll read the book. But the quote never gets old.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.