Watch Julia Hofer playing the bassline on "Spirits in the Material World" by The Police

Originally published at: Watch Julia Hofer playing the bassline on "Spirits in the Material World" by The Police | Boing Boing

3 Likes

As a basser myself I welcome all BB Bass content!

6 Likes

She’s a very competent player and a pleasure to watch. Also cool to have bass parts illuminated like this; in addition to being fun from a music theory appreciation class standpoint, bass parts are kind of an underrated art form. Great post.

3 Likes

Yay, Julia on BB!
She’s got such an expressive groove face :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I like to get a peek under the musical hood, like this. I don’t understand a lot of what is going on, but I find the demonstration fascinating.

Is there a reason that the image used in the “front page” of this site for the posting is just some random stock photo (in this case a SIX STRING ELECTRIC GUITAR) and not a screencap of the video thumbnail or something (which shows a FOUR STRING ELECTRIC BASS which is the instrument in the video)?

If you’re anything like me (and these days, who isn’t), you have a hard time finding the downbeat on this tune. That keyboard part is on the upbeat but it’s a challenge for me to “hear” it that way.

2 Likes

Copyright claims our automated and out of control is likely why… :woman_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.