Watch: knife wielding bicyclist stopped by quick-thinking citizens

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/02/watch-knife-wielding-bicyclis.html

4 Likes

I wish my country was more like this. Less guns, more Rugby players.

29 Likes

Keep calm and bugger all thieves.

2 Likes

It was the cut block at the end that really saved the day. That guy is going to be walking funny for a while.

8 Likes

that guy really put some hip into it
good work, guys

3 Likes

We brits get stuck in. Actually it’s amazing the first tackler managed to keep his balance as that was one hell of a shoulder barge from such a slender chap.

10 Likes

That was absolutely superb.

6 Likes

That tackle at the end?

Red-Cad

11 Likes

This is cardiff, they’ve all been playing rugby since they could walk :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Ouch, very ouch.

2 Likes

How did they know he was an evil-doer? Brown guy pedaling hard? Or do they just knock over all cyclists, just in case?

1 Like

The cops were clearly right on his tail. It was obvious to all he was a suspect.

4 Likes

Too bad none of those good guys had a gun, amiright? :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I know, right? I hope the bicycle is okay!

4 Likes

And this is a prime example of why Rugby should be more Quidditch-fied, with bicycles.

2 Likes

British cops Bobbies ARE your friends.

Captain Obvious out!

1 Like

Tai chi people work on that kind of push. Though there’s more rugby or football players in the area.

A rare double-Samaritan.

3 Likes

No audio to prove it, but it’s hard for me to believe that there wasn’t some “stop him!” being shouted about.

2 Likes

Yes I know it is Cardiff and they are know for their Rugby, it’s still an impressive maneuver though. My own city is very well known for it’s Rugby team too. The Leicester Tigers which is an English professional rugby union club. They play in Premiership Rugby, England’s top division. The club was founded in 1880 and since 1892 plays its home matches at Welford Road Stadium in the south of the city.