WATCH LIVE: Trump rioters break through barrier and are attempting to break into the Capitol

Fun fact; the electoral votes will still be certified.

35 Likes

They may even complete the process tonight.

22 Likes

Oh, Van Jones hit that point real hard.

15 Likes

NBC reporter just called it ‘insurrection’.

18 Likes

That would be fitting.

13 Likes
24 Likes

Thanks, just went to get a fix of Van on the twitters. I needed that.

5 Likes

I just heard a run down of all the white supremacist groups and or militias who are there today from somebody at SPLC.

It was frightening.

16 Likes

Posted 20(!) years ago, and still/again applicable…

7 Likes

The Attorney General of DC just pointed something out on PBS - DC cannot charge or prosecute for most of these crimes as there were committed on Federal property. The decision to pursue a lawsuit goes to a Federal Prosecutor appointed by Trump. If the Prosecutor drops the charges before Jan 20, there could be a situation where nothing is done. No pardon needed.

23 Likes
32 Likes

Every time I see variations on the word “clear” when talking about the mob, I’m wishing it said arrested or detained. The worst part of this would be giving these folks the opportunity to come back and try again later. None of them should be going home.

18 Likes

“liked” for providing the information.

I do not “like” the information.

17 Likes
40 Likes

We’re storming the Capitol, it’s a revolution!" is the less amusing part of this exchange.

19 Likes

I think the next few hours will show how organized it really is. No doubt there are a lot of tourists, but if there are a hardened group there to really make a point, they’ll get serious soon.

10 Likes

Rachel M on my teevee just reported that the woman who was shot has died.

14 Likes

What? Destruction of private property with no repercussions! Where are the police?
[Checks faces and hands]
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

17 Likes
31 Likes

Surely we’re allowed to not feel bad about this one, right? Or are the sympathy police gonna come in here and mace me?

11 Likes