WATCH LIVE: Trump rioters break through barrier and are attempting to break into the Capitol

Impressive sleuthing. (Thread)

18 Likes

Apropos of nothing…

Someone said “Repay an injury with a good turn.” What do you think of this saying?

The Master said, “What then do you repay a good turn with? You repay an injury with straightness, but you repay a good turn with a good turn.”

(Analects 14.34)

4 Likes

before whatshername got shot in the neck a line of Capitol police got out of her way so she and her friends could smash through the door they were supposed to be guarding

it was very orderly and polite

14 Likes

Cori Bush has already introduced a motion to expel MoC who were involved, based on the 14A.

16 Likes

cillian-murphy-wat

6 Likes
4 Likes

So “MoC” is members of Congress?

10 Likes
16 Likes

Yes. Kinda like MoP in the UK.

5 Likes

That isn’t abreviated as “MP”?

5 Likes

Good point. But few congresscritters are cool enough to deserve the abbreviation “MC.” :wink:

13 Likes

That click-thru was a good roundup. Thanks

1 Like

Having seen it, I am forced to recognize that MoP is inherently superior.

4 Likes

@orenwolf

I kinda feel like we should make an exception on this thread for the “lock after 5 days” policy. As a means of keeping updates in one place?

7 Likes

Or it should move to an open thread about the coup attempt.

4 Likes
27 Likes

As insufficient as I think this is…it’s already worth it to me.

Eschaton

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Your Moment of Zen

https://twitter.com/RayRedacted/status/1348388601118273537

Atrios at 18:45

20 Likes
27 Likes

Apparently a second Capitol Police officer has died. This time by suicide.

We obviously don’t know the officer’s mental state, but it’s just impossible to separate this tragedy from the terrorism we saw on Weds. Policing in America is fraught and I’m not inclined to give anyone wearing a badge any latitude when it comes to how they reinforce white supremacy, which we saw in full display this week. However, this is a real human who clearly had mental health issues that these terrorists pushed over the edge. I know it would be impossible to prosecute, but I’d love to see every last one of them face 6 manslaughter charges.

7 Likes

Awww, heartbreaking MAGAt tears. After committing terrorist acts, it is so unfair to be called a terrorist! I mean, all they wanted to do was overthrow the US government! Is that so wrong?

(Announcer: Yes, yes it is.)

15 Likes