WATCH LIVE: Trump rioters break through barrier and are attempting to break into the Capitol

The community is welcome to spin up a new topic from this one.

7 Likes

Am I doing this right?

Or is there some proper “thread splitting” thing?

5 Likes

What’s the current comment limit for a post?

4 Likes

This is fine.

4 Likes

Looks like 5000.

5 Likes

weeping season 1 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

9 Likes

thanks for the extra video links and information

what worries me is that white supremacists won with the 3/5ths “compromise” and allowing enslavement in the new nation. and again, after reconstruction: driving out black officials and replacing them with confederates, then instituting segregation. and again, after civil rights: with the drug war and broken windows policing; in a way they won again by getting trump into office after our first black president.

how the &%! do we stop this from happening again?

impeaching trump is a start, but moving forward with defunding the police, ending the drug war, reparations. something to address the actual power structure has got to happen.

12 Likes

from an interview with haberman today

HABERMAN:I think that we have seen a dramatic shift in the president’s behavior and in what the president is clearly willing to do ever since the election.

HABERMAN: Look. I think that there’s just no time for the president to be tried before he leaves office… Impeachments are traumas on a country… you asked about his state of mind before - he still doesn’t fully process what has happened… He still doesn’t quite get how bad things are, not just in the country, but for him personally the second he leaves office.

what’s more amazing than her lack of a clue, is that other reporters are still coming to her as the trump whisperer.

12 Likes

Yes. If anything, he’s gotten more desperate and extreme.

On a scale of, say, losing the top medal position at the Olympics as a 1, and an violent fucking insurrection at the Capitol as 10,000, where would you place Impeachment, Maggie? Would you say a 7 or an 8?

18 Likes

This is the kind of thing that social media really excels at and i’m all here for it, actions have consequences and all that. Ask me again when fascist pigs are doxxing decent people.

1 Like
2 Likes

we don’t know his motivation—he could have been a collaborator distraught over the coup failing

5 Likes
5 Likes

Let’s not assume mental health issues without evidence. And no, I don’t consider committing suicide evidence.

10 Likes

Social media is also really bad at this - as was seen during the aftermath of the Boston marathon bombing. In this case there were real pros leading the charge here and did a great job combing through the data.

9 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t unquestionably trust social media on this, especially when there are chuds still trying to claim that it was antifa despite all the evidence.

13 Likes

Or Sicknik was his best friend or something. Seriously, we CANNOT speculate. And it’s not actually important here for the conversation.

1 Like

vetting of military personnel and some courts martial sound like seriously good ideas. lets hope that concept reaches down to the off-duty police who were flashing badges to capitol security as they broke into the building.

9 Likes
20 Likes
10 Likes